cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ellacoya rules fault with Skype?

N/A

Might have found a rules fault with Skype and Broadband Premier Option 1.

For the last week (maybe longer) or so, my Skype had been playing up. I could connect to a skype server, but i couldn't send messages to my contacts (it just reported them as not delivered) and i couldn't call anyone ("no proxies found" errors).

I tried a few things, including upgrading skype, and resetting my configuration. No joy.

I started thinking there was nothing wrong with my skype installation, and it was probably plusnet's traffic management thing. i'd kind of given up on it tbh.

So, a few days ago i rolled over into level 1 management. Yeah, yeah, i've been downloading a few things.

Anyway, point is, Skype suddenly works again!

So what is the difference in the Ellacoya rules being applied to me on bb prem 1 at traffic management level 1 that weren't being applied before. Me thinks a plusnet techy needs to go look see...
13 REPLIES
N/A

interesting.. unless skype were having troubles at the time.

I guess one way of finding out would be to wait until your next billing date for your usage to be reset. As you say, there might be a problem with the default profile :roll:
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

They'll be on the default profile now as it's not peak, are you still having problems?
N/A

Tried to call a friend at 17:30ish today, and got the 'no proxies found' error.

Was going to post a message at the time, but i got bored of waiting for the plusnet portal to load! Gave it about 3 mins and then went off to do other things.

Trying to call another friend now (19:13) and same error.
N/A

It took 4 minutes to submit that forum posting!
sort it out!
N/A

Well rebound (Steve), according to the response from my cancellation request, all the network problems I have been having are due to my exchange - even though I said in my message that its not just us who are having problems.

That kind of response just reassures me that I am doing the right thing by ditching plus.net. When is the manager who took the decision to buy the traffic managment hardware going to hold his hands up and admit he made a mistake? Underspec'd Bad hardware, whatever the problem is, its just not working.

I'm just sorry I didnt notice how poorly my ADSL gateway was performing until recently. I only did because my NTL gateway went down. How long have I been paying for something which is totally unusable?

Anyway, get that MAC code Steve, and I'll see you on the other side...

Regards,

Sean Ramsey
N/A

21:02ish and skype still foobar
N/A

23:05 and it still don't work.

anyone from pn about to confirm if the timezone on the ellacyoa whatsits are set right. might try and stay up till off peak and see if the problem disappears.
N/A

23:40, still rubber ducked
N/A

23:58, still dead

00:02, no change

00:09, my theory is looking weak.

00:18, guess the clock hasn't drifted a little.

heres hoping the gmt/bst time shift has upset it ?

00:30, works....
N/A

finally got to chat with a friend in a far away land.

and its now 01:10 and it still works...
N/A

08:24 and its still working
N/A

16:55 still working
N/A

23:25 someone fixed something?