Wheelie
Grafter

Ellacoya Changes tomorrow

Would any of the CS guys like to elaborate on what the changes will be please

Just curious Wink
25 REPLIES
N/A

Some new profiles. This can only mean two things. Either they have found some more p2p apps that they wanna kill, or, and this is not very likely, they are changing the way some of the p2p profiles are handled and thus maybe just maybe we will be able to use the edonkey network again! Not blooming likely tho! :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The work is more in preparation for some of the changes we are due to make to improve P2P performance for the majority of customers - the light to medium users, we'll be able to give more details on exactly how this will work shortly.
Wheelie
Grafter

Hi Dave

Thank you for the reply,

I am sure there are going to be a lot of happy people on here that use P2P when that happens Smiley
N/A

Ray,

I bet there will be a lot of happy mods on here as well Wink Some peace and quiet back.

lol
Community Veteran

Nah; I'll just mention how quiet it is and Mark'll throttle me (no pun intended)
N/A

OOOOOWWWW! Sounds promising. We shall see.
Wheelie
Grafter

:lol: Tom

I felt like saying that myself but thought better of it, I didn't want to start another heated debate about the woes of P2P.
Alecto
Grafter

Before anyone gets too excited, pse note that there is no delivery date given for this "jam tomorrow."
Or, as Pope said,
"Hope springs eternal in the human breast,
Man never IS, but always TO BE blessed" :roll:
N/A

Ray,

Heated debate? Where, did I mis something over the past couple of months ? :lol:

People can take it as they will. But no-one can really make a fair comment until we have seen the effects of the changes.
N/A

Some peace and quiet back.

I wish lol

I'll just mention how quiet it is

You dare. Evil :lol:

No seriously, Hopefully whatever changes are in the offing or when, it will bring a smile to our little faces.
N/A

The work is more in preparation for some of the changes we are due to make to improve P2P performance for the majority of customers - the light to medium users, we'll be able to give more details on exactly how this will work shortly.

I hope the announcement is this week, as I currently plan to get my MAC code at the weekend with a view to switching ISP in the new year. However if the fiasco of the last couple of months is about to end, I would be willing to stay.

A hopeful sign is that I left two torrents going overnight, as usual they were sluggish, but according to my log the speed suddenly jumped from 9KB/sec down (3KB up) to 90KB/sec down (30KB up) at 6 am this morning (ellacoya witching hour) - a tenfold speed increase! As a result they were finished by 6:30am! Is it a false dawn or the real thing?
N/A

Well i did a test this morning and emule did seem faster. I am not going to jinx it yet as this could have been a fluke or they were still working on the boxes and thus they were not working properly.
N/A

Or your test was done offpeak, so you would expect it to be better Wink
N/A

my test spanned from 7.30 to 8.05. When we got to 8 the speeds increased. eh? :shock: