cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elementary Webmail question

N/A

I have an account I use for Webmail 'username+fred'
I access this account by Webmail login when entering the portal to get rid of my SPAM. (I use OE for my 'username' email).

Out of curiosity I went to 'Web mail' within the portal to try it out from there.
But I couldnt get to my 'username+fred' account to read 'fred'. I read the help file but couldnt find an explanation there.

I have tried 'username+fred' and 'fred' alone, but cant get through to the messages that I have left sitting in 'fred'. This is a very elementary thing but can somebody please tell me the correct thing to do to access the 'fred' mailbox from 'Web mail' on the portal. Thanks in advance. Sorry I cant work it out.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You need to use the mailbox login on the right on the first page of the portal rather than WebMail (on the left under Member Centre).

Mailboxes is POP3. WebMail is IMAP and allows folders but you cant use your mailboxes under this one.

Chris
stonechat
Grafter

Webmail

Really? It works ok for me
I used username+bob with the password and no probs

Bob
N/A

I dont think it works for me because I am mixing POP3 and IMAP.
awbrown
Dabbler

Webmail

Just login with "username" - don't use the "+fred" You should then see all your mailboxes, including the main one and the "fred" one.

Works for me Smiley
N/A

Corse: This is only true, if you have not created aditional mailboxes.

Once a mailbox is created, any mail for that address is defered to another box. In this case called<username>+<mailbox>