cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Maxdsl on SNR - graphs

lyonesse

These graphs show my SNR from last Nov till Maxed last Wednesday pm. I'm lucky - its working great for me, bar a couple of re-syncs on the Draytek router. Sync settled at 7712 and downloads between 3 and 5.5 Mbs
However it clearly shows a previously healthy snr averaging 27 now down to 10 by day and 4 or 5 at the low.
Incidently, its interesting to note but not clearly seen on the graphs the mid-winter snr minimum runs from 1500 till 0700 and the early summer minimum snr to run from 2000 till 0600ish.

John
2 REPLIES
N/A

You're SNR is SUPPOSED to be low with DSLMax

Where do you think all that extra bandwidth comes from?
Community Veteran

What you are seeing is DSLMax working as it should. It is designed to find the maximum speed your line can take.

Whenever the downstream sync speed increases, your SNR figure will decrease. The higher the speed, the lower the SNR will go. MaxDSL works by finding the maximum speed at a predetermined minimum SNR so it keeps increasing the speed until your SNR reaches 6dB at which point the sync speed is what you connect with.

SNR does vary during the day which iwhy there is a 10 day trial period where fluctations in SNR that cause line drops are taken into consideration when determining the maximum reliable speed to allow on your line.