cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easystart 500

N/A

Easystart 500

Hi ,I'v had easystart 500 for a about 11 months and was wondering what hapens at the end of 12 months as i've read that easystart is no longer available.
What happens to existing easystart 500 users at the end of 12 months,and if
I need to regrade what similar broadband packages should I regrade to and would I be paying more or less to regrade to exactly the same service,or should I do nothing when the 12 months are up?
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Easystart 500

Hi,
You won't be taken off the Easystart product at all... you can just continue to use that for as long as you want. However, you could save some money by changing to "ADSL Home Premier 512K" - which you can do for a fee of £14.99, after which you'll pay £21.99 a month rather than £24.99.

Thomas
N/A

Easystart 500

How can charging me £14,99 for I presume excactly the same service be saving me money?......or am I missing something here? :?
N/A

Easystart 500

Hi there,

The £14.99 is a one off fee.

By switching to the cheaper account in the long run ypou will save money.

ie £3 pm over 12 months = £36

and over the years this will increase.

Regards

Mark
Community Veteran

Easystart 500

You could also go for one of the usage limited products which are cheaper still. If you don;t actyually download much this may be a better option. Just look at the vew my usage grapth on the connection settings page to see what you are currently using (although there are some on-going issues withthe numbers shown).

The 512K ADSL with 1GB usage/month starts at £14.99. Yo could them be saving £10/month so a one off £14.99 does not mean very much then.
N/A

Easystart 500

:lol:

Thats true, I s'pose.

I asked this question a few weeks ago, and after a discussion with support via tickets, it does seem as though the only way to pay less is to initially fork out more.

Still, it doesn't matter. I'm wadded. Cheesy
N/A

Easystart 500

I'm in a similar position. I've now "done my time" Wink on Easystart & was thinking of changing to Home Premier to save a few quid a month.

However I'm unsure what to do - I'm assuming raise a ticket, at least initially - but going into the wizard and selecting "Account Changes - Upgrade, Downgrade, Cancellations, Migrations & Moving House" what does the change count as? Upgrade? Downgrade? They seem to be pretty much identical services apart from price as far as I can see!

Can someone clarify things for a simpleton like me? Smiley
Community Veteran

Easystart 500

Just click on connection settings then Upgarde account, then view all options. Select the package you want (any speed, any inclusive bandwidth), click proceed, click no hardware (you already have it), then select monthly or annual contract and you will gtet a summary page. If this is correct click upgrade and your change will be processed. Just make sure you have a credit card on your account for the on-off payment.

What you are doing is classed as an upgrade - even if you stick to the same speed and a premier option whch matches your unlimited bandwidth account you have now.

Note: Easystart is actually a monthly contract product, so choose monthly contract for your new product.
N/A

Easystart 500

Easystart is a monthly contract? When I asked about leaving Easystart and going onto the premier one, I was told "We can action your request but you need to confirm whether you want a new annual contract or a monthly contract. the charge to change may be more if you select a monthly contract option."

I took that to mean "you're already on an annual contract, and if you want to go onto monthly it'll cost you more."
Community Veteran

Easystart 500

Easystart is definately a monthly contract. I suspect the CS agent you spoke to did not know this or you would not have been told that incorrect info. Whatever regrade / upgrade you choose from an Easystart product will cost you £14.99.
michaelscott
Grafter

Easystart 500

Just make sure you have a credit card on your account for the on-off payment.

I will be in the same situation as psychedelicblues next month - what happens if you do not have a credit card?
Community Veteran

Easystart 500

If you have a debit , credit, Amex, Mastercard or switch card which is not on your account, you can ring up CS and quote your card number. If you don't have any of the above, your only option it to pay by cheque or use someone elses CC/debit card. Paying by cheque will obviously delay any regrade as it has to clear before your order will be placed.

I posted this in another thread:

Solo and Visa Electron can't be used at all

Visa, MasterCard, Amex - All fine for recurring payments and one-off payments.

Direct Debit - Fine for recurring payments, not possible for one-off payments.

Visa Delta, payment & Switch - Can be used for one-off payments over the phone but cannot be used for recurring payments.

However you currently cannot add a Visa Delta, payment or switch card to your account details (you used to be able to but this is no longer possible). PlusNet will be changing the billing card entry page to allow Visa/Delta, payment & Switch as a secondary card to be entered, which can be used for one-off payments only. This is as a result of discussions the usergroup had with PlusNet recently.

If you are unsure give CS a ring:
N/A

Easystart 500

Easystart is definately a monthly contract. I suspect the CS agent you spoke to did not know this or you would not have been told that incorrect info. Whatever regrade / upgrade you choose from an Easystart product will cost you £14.99.

Peter,

I am on Easystart and am under the impression that the T&Cs for the product were definitely Annual Contract - hence the rather large sum payable if you cancelled within the first year.

If I look at "Upgrade my account" via the portal, I receive the following info:

ADSL Home Surf, ADSL Home, Broadband EasyStart ¥

512k £14.99 £24.99
1Mb £14.99 £24.99
2Mb £14.99 £24.99

If Easystart was a monthly contract, why would there be a need for the £24.99 figure or the '¥' (£7.50 per month additional payment for the balance of your annual contract) :?:
N/A

Easystart 500

I've just actioned a regrade via ticket from Easy Start 500 to PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 1Mb Monthly Contract and been charged £14.99 regrade fee so I guess on that information East Start is definatley a monthly contract.

I think the £99.99 cancelation fee in the first year is in respect to getting the modem and connection free.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Easystart 500

Hi,

EasyStart is actually a monthly contract account. However, if you were to cancel within the first 12 months that's where the £99.99 cancellation fee kicks in.

You are perfectly free to regrade to 1 or 2Mbps within the first 12 months, however you must complete the EasyStart 12 months and add the £7.50 per month for the remainder of those months as again the cancellation fee would apply.