cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easynews.com

N/A

Easynews.com

Yeah, but you only changed it to 30kb/s after we all complained so much.

For at least one day it was maxing out at 5kb/s - be HONEST.

We are being honest we rolled it out, the feedback was poor and we realised that it was not delivering to the levels that we required and changed it based on that feedback.

I would suggest that is the way that you and us want it to run.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Easynews.com

A few weeks back there was a lot of talk on the forums about downloads from easynews.com being pathetically slow...around the 15k mark...is the situation still the same, i ask because i'm considering joining easynews.com as i don't have the patience for newsreaders, etc.

Being as i'm on 1MB, i'd expect at least 120k/sec...is that gonna happen, or is the easynews situation still FUBAR'd
N/A

Easynews.com

Hi

Any usnet now as a speed limit after the first 15gig you d/l all usent will drop to approx 5k-30k, so its really up to you if you want faster speeds for the first 15gig and the slower speeds afteward,

Depends on how much you d/l via usenet

thanks
N/A

Easynews.com

What...easynews is restricted even though the downloads are done via http...well, at least they were when I was a member a few months ago!
N/A

Easynews.com

Hi yes all usenet http or nttp ..

there is a post on here usenet 15gig limit you might want to read it to get more info,

thank you
N/A

Easynews.com

just to clarify then, i'll get full speed up to 15gb, then my downloads will slow down? By how much?
N/A

Easynews.com

Hi some users are seeing 1k -30k max ,

heres the link

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35305

thank you
N/A

Easynews.com

I am a easynews.com member and my maximum speed is 30kb/s although its more about 26kb/s on average. The traffic shaping effects HTTP / NNTP and all ports (119, 22 etc). Using the HTTP website newsgroup service doesnt fair any better than using NNTP.
N/A

Easynews.com

I am a easynews.com member and my maximum speed is 30kb/s although its more about 26kb/s on average. The traffic shaping effects HTTP / NNTP and all ports (119, 22 etc). Using the HTTP website newsgroup service doesnt fair any better than using NNTP.

Dudes, this is like stepping back in time. Might as well be on dial-up after you hit the 15GB limit.

What are PN going to do once they roll out 8GB connections? All that speed and nowhere to use it...

Someone tell me how you can reach 100GB via HTTP?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Easynews.com

Dudes, this is like stepping back in time. Might as well be on dial-up after you hit the 15GB limit.

Not really, dial up you'd be lucky to get 6 or 7kB/s, most people who have used the first 15GB are getting up to 30 kB/s, which is considerably faster than dial up speeds.
N/A

Easynews.com

N/A

Easynews.com

NNTP access was only running at 5kb/s i can confirm this also. I was running at 5kb/s for approx 1 week. I contacted PN about this and they blaimed it on a USENET issue. I guess the real reason was more along the lines of them testing out the new traffic shaping system.

At first NL (Newsleecher) could bypass the 5kb limit by using 99 connections to your NNTP server (Easynews not usenet.plus.net). This effectively ment instead of 1line at 5kb/s you got 99 lines at 5kb/s which maxed out your bandwidth. However this method doesnt work with the new traffic shaping system.
N/A

Easynews.com

Gald you agree with me.

I think PN have been caught with their pants down this time.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Easynews.com

How have we been caught with our pants down? We put something in place, people complained, we took that on board and improved it. If anything this proves that we do listen to our customers.
N/A

Easynews.com

It appears PN staff are like buses; you wait all day and suddenly two come at once.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

First I am told that you did not throttle us to 5kb/s, then you say you did, but increased it to 30kb/s following adverse feedback.

Well, what are you getting now? Flowers in the post?

There has to be a better way to manage the system than a blanket throttle after 15GB. I reached this in 3 days, but won't be needing usenet for perhaps another week. Trouble is, at the rate I am getting my headers and posts, I won't be able to complete the retreival - even with 200% PAR2 files!

My problem lies with the fact taht I believed there to be a 100GB cap - perfectly acceptable. Literally the day after I join I start noticing speeds of 5kb/s then 30kb/s. One look at this board tells me I am not alone.

Please listen to us again, and perhaps move the cap back up to 100GB. We can all live with that.