cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easynet + Plusnet LLU enabled exchanges list

N/A

I am just wondering if there was a list available or even an exchange checker that would provide some details as to when exchanges will be (if not already) be LLU enabled by easynet.

I know that there was a post saying that they hope to have most enabled by the end of this year and some by april next or something along those lines.

Frankly speaking though, after BT decided to give a multitude of activation dates and kept changing these I am not holding my breath at all.
If anyone has information or a link to asite where we could check for this info, then I for one would very much appreciate it.

Regards,
22 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The aim to get most exchanges enabled for upto 8mb speeds was the MaxDSL products from BT rather than the Easynet LLU trial. You can check individual exchanges via samknows though Easynet should have a list of enabled exchanges on their own site somewhere.
N/A

Hi Jon,

Yer I use the samknows website, although it doesnt really tell me anything other than yes or no. What I am interested in finding out is, when my exchange is booked for being LLU enabled, if it is at all lol.

Regards,
N/A

You can check ukonline or f2s to see if your exchange has been LLU enabled. If LLU is enabled on your exchange, its just a matter of time when plusnet LLU will be provided in your area Smiley
Community Veteran

I too was interested when Easynet may be at my exchange! When I couldn't find reliable info, I phoned them posing as a prospective new customer and enquired based on 4-8Mb services in my area, and when I might be able to take advantage. The guy I spoke to put me on hold while he found info. The answer was not really what I wanted to hear...."Sorry but there are no plans to enable your exchange in the forseeable future"...... bah!

So I guess I won't be able to take advantage of the upcomming deal through PN with Easynet.

Oh well nm! Smiley
N/A

Ian,

I have just done the same thing as you and have phoned easynet. I must admit that what I was told was rather off putting and annoying. I was basically told that Easynet had no plans to unbundle ANYMORE exchanges in the forseeable future and are more concerned with maintaining the ones they had already unbundled and also brinign them up to 24mb speed.

So I asked if this meant that no more exchanges would be unbundled at all, the answer was yes, if your exchange was not unbunbled already by easynet, it would not be done so either in the near future.

Looks like a lot of us are bang out of luck. Time to move I think.

Regards,
Community Veteran

WOW :shock: That sux!!!!

Interesting that Tom! Nice one for that!

Hopefully COMMS will be able to illuminate a little on this strange affair which seems to be contradictory to PN's forecast for their PN/Easynet venture! :|
N/A

Ian,

Yup, it struck me like a bolt of lightening as well, as I had my heart set on a brand shiny new 8mb (1024kB/s down, 768kB/s up) LLU connection.

Looks like I can do nothing more than dream now Sad lol.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As well as Easynet we are working with Tiscali wholesale to provide faster speeds to as many customers as possible. More information will be made available as we get it with regards to exchanges taking part and timescales etc.
N/A

Cheers Ben.

:: Goes to phone Tiscali :: LMAO just kidding Smiley

I just dont want this slow 2mb connection no more now ive the speeds 8mb can fetch Sad

Dear Santa,

This christmas I have decided to put aside all my usual technology wants and wishes. Instead I have decided that I would like just 1 thing. If you could bring my exchange LLU for 8mb, I would be very grateful. As a return of favour I will make sure I will leave double portions of carrots, mince pies and milk out on christmas eve.

Thanking you lots and lots in advance,

Tom.

Cheesy Hopefully that should do it LOL.

Regards,
Community Veteran

lol Tom :lol:

------------------------
Easynet's coverage however is growing and you may find that it's not too long before you're able to get it.

Above found in "Plusnet speeding towards faster broadband" thread :-link

I'm not trying to put you on the spot by quoting this m8, just want you to understand that this statement was something that stuck back when I read it, so I presume it will have stuck in other peoples minds too! Therefore how does this measure up to Tom's and my experiance when talking to Easynet?

I guess the DSL Max is not a million miles away though eh?
N/A

Ian,

Although thats only something BT can provide at their leisure. Also that will also incurr BT prices and forthwith.

All in all I would prefer LLU over BT on speeds this great.
Community Veteran

Agreed Tom!
Although that being said, I am still interested to see the extent that lower priced centrals have on BT based products in the future! I imagine it would have to be to an extent that allowed them to remain somewhat competative against LLU products! Or am I being overly optomistic here? :lol:

*EDIT* Lets not go there for now, it is taking the thread off topic really! Wink
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We haven't got confirmed exchange lists but we do know both Easynet and Tiscali are building out to more exchanges, we know this because Easynet and Tiscali have told us this.

As soon as we have products and the trials have started we'll publish what we know about exchanges.
Community Veteran

Is there any news on expected pricing options for the LLU products? We were told that news regarding these would be availabe in a few weeks, a few weeks ago...

The joining with Tiscali as well as Easynet may have thrown a spanner in the works as far as progressing with the trials (cough, hint Wink ) were concerned, so just wondering if there are any updates regarding pottential package options and or pricing?

No rush, just wondering...