cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyStart accounts 512k max ever ! no regrade !

N/A

after raising a ticket to get my easystart account chnged to the 21.99 account i was told i had to pay , ok so thats bad enough since i now pay 25 for 512 where others pay 22 for 2000k !!?? so i ask why and i got this quote....

The free downgrade is for customers that were on the fair usage packages, this
does not include Broadband Easystart as its a completly different product. You
will need to change the account type to benifit the speed regades because you
account only supports 512k.

So... i wont get the free upgrade to 2mb ever !, at all ! regardless when bt do the upgrade! can someone DARE to explain that to a now formaly loyal PN Customer ?!
14 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

There has been some confusion here.

EasyStart customers are included in the bulk upgrades and will be able to get the fastest speed their line will support up to 2MB for no extra charge.

We have offered a free one off downgrade in addition to this to our Premier customers who are on the equivalent to the upto 4 and 8 MB packages, as we are not currently providing these faster speeds they are effectively the same as the up to 2MB Premier package. If they choose this option then upgrade at a later date the upgrade will not be free, if they choose to stay at the price they are currently paying they will be upgraded for free as the higher speeds are available.

As EasyStart does not have such a product we are not offering these free downgrades to EasyStart customers.
N/A

having worked in a call centre including one isp at one point , i think you need to consider giving your angents more training so as not to waste any more of my or other customers time.
N/A

Can we just have this in plain English please...for those of us on 24.99 Easystart price....What do we actually have to do? If i raise a ticket what do i ask for? Downgrade? Upgrade? or do i do nothing and one morning when i wake up i'm on 2MB for 21.99?

It's all clear when someone is telling you in person but it's easy to mis-read things on here.
N/A

As an existing Easystart customer, the way I read the situation is this.
1) Wait for the automatic regrades which we are part of and stay on your 24.99 per month. Remember the line quality issue (I can only get 1Mb maximum if I am lucky).

2) You can pay the 14.99 to move to the Premier account which is now priced at 21.99 (you would recoup the cost in 5 months, not a bad deal provided you are planning on staying with +net). With that upgrade you would be put onto the fastest speed your line could currently connect with.

3) I am completely wrong!
Personally I am waiting to see what happens once my year is up, that finishes in a couple of weeks. Then my local exchange has been unbundled (by Easynet) so will be investigating the possiblities.
Community Veteran

Items 1 & 2 are correct.

The other option is

4) Downgrade to broadband home premier (£14.99) and pay for a speed upgrade (another £14.99) rather than wait for the free upgrade.
N/A

Eh ?

Does this mean that people on the EasyStart package can pay £3 more per month (than the Premier pack at £21.99) and get a free regrade to 8Mb when it comes along ?

So why would you assume that people who pay £18 more per month (the 2Mb customers on £39.99) would be pleased at this ? They pay SIX times more and get the same deal at the end !
Community Veteran

Does this mean that people on the EasyStart package can pay £3 more per month (than the Premier pack at £21.99) and get a free regrade to 8Mb when it comes along ?

No, they are limited to the same speed upgrades as the broadband home premier 2MB product and all the legacy products. That is upto 2Mbs for free. Above that you will have to change to a different product for the higher speeds.

So why would you assume that people who pay £18 more per month (the 2Mb customers on £39.99) would be pleased at this ? They pay SIX times more and get the same deal at the end !

And they have the option of a one-off free downgrade to the £21.99 product which I suggest everyone who is on this (and the £29.99 product) to do so as the faster speed are unlikely to appear before Sept when the high speed trial ends.
N/A

I personally think this takes the piss. I've stayed loyal with Plusnet for over a year and a half, paying my £24.99. A new customer comes along and you give them 2mbs for £21.99.

Surely you must realise this is going to annoy your existing customers off ?

Are premier and easystart not the same product after the initial 12 months ? if not please could you explain the difference to me.
Thank Tim
Community Veteran

But the reason you are paying more, is becaue when you connected, you CHOSE to pay more per month so that you could get your connection and hardware thrown in for free.

The fact that there are better offers available now after 1.5 years is just a fact of life in a competetive market.

Be glad that you can downgrade to 21.99, pay less per month, and get a faster speed than you signed up for.
N/A

Be glad that you can downgrade to 21.99, pay less per month, and get a faster speed than you signed up for.

I have to say that I agree. I'm on an EasyStart contract and as much as I'd rather not have to pay £14.99, I don't mind doing so.

The only thing I'm stuck on is this... my final installment of my initial 12 month contract was paid out today, so I'm paid up to 02/06/05. My exchange has been upgradeed, so... I want to move to the Broadband Prmier 2mb account at £21.99. When I go to the upgrade option on the portal it tells me that I have to pay 29.99 to move AND to change speed.

I don't mind paying £14.99 to move package but having to pay to up by speed is a bit of a swizz... or have I misunderstood? Can I just upgrade, pay the £14.99 to move and the speed will automatically upto 2mb as advertised for the BB Premier. And will the speed upgrade happen this month before the new installments of £21.99 are taken from next month.

cheers.
N/A

liklebodge, that is exactly what i fee, i really dont mind paying £14.99 to change accounts, it just seems a bit rich to charge for changing the speed aswell.

Obviously i will still do it but it just seems harsh.
N/A

If you choose "I'd like to stay at my current speed", you will be upgraded with the BT upgrades (it's a little misleading as should really say something to the affect, "I'd like to recieve the free speed upgrade (if available) at a later date").

The speed upgrade will take place roughly according to the BT Timetable;
http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/bt_speed_upgrade_programme.pdf

Note: Your exchange may appear more than once and there is no way of knowing which visit you'll be upgraded on.

Or if you don't want to chance it and would like a faster speed sooner, you could pay the £29.99 fee to move product and get the speed upgrade...it all depends on how patient you are Smiley If you want the faster speeds, the extra £15 may be worth the few extra months at the faster speed...but it's the £14.99 EasyStart > Premier cost which may make this less attractive?
Community Veteran

You should only have to pay for a speed upgrade if you want to jump the queue and not wait for the free one that will happen between now and july.
N/A

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, you see no one explained that to me. Now it makes sense.

Cheers