cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation?

N/A

Early Activation?

I'm now the (proud) owner of a USB Broadband Modem. According to the "Account Details", my ADSL won't be activated until 18th October.

What's the likelihood (if any) of the line being activated before this date? I don't expect it to be, I'm just wondering if anyone else had their lines activated before the date given by PN. Dial-Up is killing me Wink

-Paul
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
N/A

Early Activation?

quite possibly will be (day or so). If you see the sync light stay on etc. ring plusnet support and ask them to activate your account (you may have to insist, since they seem to like BT to tell'em first).
N/A

Early Activation?

I rang Plusnet when my sync light showed connected and was told to wait for a few more days, however a friend told me to ring back and ask to have the account activated. This i did but was told by the second cs person that once the system detected a correct login attempt it would automatically enable the account within 15 mins. I was online 15 mins later.
Only took four days from request to connection.
Welcome..
kwhawell
Grafter

Early Activation?

Hi, early activation generally seems possible, my activation date was a friday, I had the modem by the wednesday and connected it up, getting sync, I huit plusnet's server with a few log on attempts, couldn't get on so called them on phone, guy at other end said i was hiting the servers, he did something to them and I logged in while he was on phone, very fast about half an hour from getting modem to getting it on line.
N/A

Early Activation?

Awesome...I've got the Modem connected at the moment, will the DSL light come on when I'm getting sync, or will I need to try and initialise a connection every so often to check? It's a BT Voyager 105 Modem.

-Paul
N/A

Early Activation?

Most modems are designed so that the DSL light indicates sync with the exchange. However, the connection won't be available until you're synced, and then the account has been activated.

Shortly after you try to authenticate with your PlusNet details for the first time (after getting sync) account activation should happen automatically - or you can call support and get it done in a few minutes.