cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETA of 21CN.. & 24mbps BB...??

N/A

I have been persuaded tos stay with PN after they called me today, bu the promise of increased speeds within 2-3 months... is this realistic??

I was in the process of migrating to BE who have just activated in my local exchange, from which I am 270m from and should receive around 18mbps...

I just want to know could I be sitting aournd for a while waiting for PN to deliver the goods...?Huh
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I've answered your ticket for you.

The BT rollout of 21CN is not likely to be complete within a few months, so it's going to depend on how lucky you are in terms of living in a certain area.

I'll be feeding back to the CSC as to the limitations of the rollout, and the expected timescale, as we want to make sure we are really clear in terms of setting expectations.

The BT website for the rollout can be found here, which gives more information as to when you are likely to see the higher speeds.
N/A

Roll out of 21CN is in years not months. Believe my exchange is due to be upgraded in 2009, and this exchange is one taking part in the trials.
N/A

I must be one of the lucky ones its says mine will be switch on at 11 minutes past 8 if my understanding of the 24 hour clock is right.

sometime in June to September 2011.
kreynolds
Grafter

My exchange has just been upgraded........It's now Q1 2009 rather than Q2 2009 Sad 21CN out of the major cities isn't likely to happen anytime soon
Community Veteran

There are some suggestions there maybe trials later this year, do not hold your breath though the schedule I saw somewhere on 'tinternet said exchanges would be upgraded during 2008-20010 with the majority being done in the 1st 18 months.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
dennisb66
Grafter

July to September 2010 for me,I Cry won't hold my breath.
Neil_A
Grafter

BT wholesale told us the other day that they are doing their internal alpha trials at the moment. (all figures very very approximate)

In the past BTW developments have run along these sort of lines:
-Approx 3 months alpha trial on 3 or 4 exchanges with BT staff testing it
-Approx 3 months early beta trial with perhaps 20-30 exchanges with a select group of ISPs
-Approx 3 months full beta trial with all ISPs across several hundred exchanges
-Approx 3-6 months live trial on all exchanges for all ISPs
-Launch

We've not had any formal notification of pre-beta or full beta trial yet so I can only assume previous indications of Autumn for beta trial are still valid.