cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail timeouts

RobDickson
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

Is anybody else experiencing e-mail timeouts when receiving e-mail, or is it just me?
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

E-mail timeouts

Hi there,

Not seeing any other reports of this, is it working at all for you?
Have you made any changes to firewall or anti-virus settings or have these updated themselves?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
RobDickson
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

It was only happening on my PlusNet e-mail accounts (other e-mail accounts were working fine), and I haven't made any firewall changes since first thing this morning when NIS2007 updated itself.

I've just tried accessing my PlusNet e-mail accounts again, and everything is working fine. I've no idea what caused the temporary delays, but at least I can access my e-mail accounts OK.

There does seem to be a delay with incoming e-mail, but I'm not that bothered about that at the moment.
kreynolds
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

Saw a brief problem about 5 mins ago, but OK now
RobDickson
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

The temporary problem could be the same temporary problem that affected FTP access.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

E-mail timeouts

Yeah I'm asking the question to find out if there is a link.
I'll come back when I have my answer.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

E-mail timeouts

Rightyo, I've been informed that this was likely down to a temporary glitch on a load balancer. Everything is working as it should but shout up if you see any more funkiness Cheesy
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
RobDickson
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

Thanks for checking.
RobDickson
Grafter

E-mail timeouts

Outgoing e-mails that I sent just before the problem occurred took about 12 hours to arrive. Everything seems OK now though.