cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail is borked, again!!!!

N/A

Task 'Chris - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

You are a joke +net, I am really at the end of my tether, you call this a good service? It is pathetic, poor downloads, slower connection speeds at peak time than I had with 2mb. Virtually non-existant p2p and numerous issues with e-mail that you can't seem to fix.
I am so frustrated with the lack of response, the lack of understanding of the issues many of us are having to put up with, and to cap it all, you don't even know it is broken...
ChrisC
20 REPLIES
Grimbo
Grafter

You get used to it after a while.

Death, taxes and Plusnet email not working.
Laugh
Grafter

Not just e-mail - It took an age to load the forum page.
N/A

Hi, get used to?
What 1k p2p?
This

I've been +net now for over three years and this is the worst it's ever been....
ChrisC
ihc77
Dabbler

No email - again!

This lack of email is extremely frustrating, especially as the webmail page won't load either. I see from the service status announcement that it's been going on for over 8 hours. Other ISPs must be better, mustn't they?

So Plusnet, give us an explanation for this ongoing and repeated problem. Please.
N/A

Im thinking about moving to Sky. ANybody got any experience.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

So Plusnet, give us an explanation for this ongoing and repeated problem. Please.

You wanted an explanation for all these problems currently existing.

here you go http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51330

but,

don't say I didn't warn you ..

Cry
N/A

I want my e-mails
N/A

I want my e-mails

Have you considered the Penny Post?
N/A

E-Mails

I don't know whether this will help those who want their emails but I am having a problem at present in that I cannot download my emails. However, I use Mailwasher which I understand goes to the server and "shows" the emails in its window identifying spam etc at the same time. You can read the emails and also post off a quick reply without downloading them. So if you're waiting for something urgent this may help.

I would say however I am no expert in this subject so apologise if I've missed the point.
Grimbo
Grafter

I'm getting emails sent 10 minutes ago but I've lost everything sent between lunchtime today and teatime!
csogilvie
Grafter

All my emails appear to be there, although the access has just gone to treacle again.
Saturn
Grafter

I'm beginning to wonder whether I've lost some email too. I've got at least one currently awol and today's throughput has been low. Can't be sure yet, but..... :?

An explanation of the current problem from PN might help.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

Please avoid calling our customer support team if you have a query related to this issue.

oh well sorry plusnet ..

hate to think we are causing you problems, heaven forbid, we all apologise to you for the email service not working AGAIN !!!!!!!

it's never happened before !! :roll:

how dare we expect an email service that works !!!

from now on we'll all keep quiet ..
N/A

Hi, yes too many of us expect a decent and reliable service...
ChrisC