cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Receiving Problems

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Is there a problem with the PlusNet servers.
I am getting frequent failures to download mail from my postmaster account with the error that the remote server has terminated the connection.
All other accounts seem to be OK - Freeserve one never gives problems.
It is noticeable that the checking for receiving mail from both Plusnet accounts is significantly slower than the Freeserve account.
I assume it may be a timeout problem - I am using Outlook 2003
31 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can't check it here as I am in college however I tried the pop server on mail2web and it seems to work fine
Community Veteran

Done some further checks and it definitely seems to be a timeout problem as the Postmaster account just downloaded OK but the other account didn't.
This is the error I got
Task 'Plusnet - Receiving1 reported error (Qx800CQC0F) : The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)’.
N/A

Yip,

I've been seeing this intermittently since yesterday evening. I mentioned it at the time to Jon, but there had been no other reports in the CSC and the monitoring systems where showing no issues.

Maybe starting to develop a bit since then. Sad
Community Veteran

I also saw it yesterday evening but only very occasionally. It now seems much more of a problem judging by the time needed to receive no e-mails. Funnily enough if there is an e-mail it seems to be OK
N/A

I have mentioned this to Stew and he'll raise it to networks. hopefully if there is a problem, they'll nip it in the bud.
lingbob
Grafter

I've also been seeing this problem since yesterday evening and its still apparent now.

Martin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm seeing this as well - it seems to be particularly on username+mailbox rather than the default.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
lingbob
Grafter

I'm seeing it with my default mailbox and after further investigation, it appears to be an authentication issue. According to my logfile, it's taking up to 30 seconds to authenticate but sometimes authentication fails altogether. I'll be raising a ticket about this.

Martin
bully1957

I'm having occasional problems too

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
N/A

receiving emails have become annoying and frustrating.
LiamM
Grafter

Timing out intermittantly here too...
lingbob
Grafter

OK, ticket raised.

However, whilst raising the ticket, I noticed an announcement to the effect that +Net are experiencing high levels of spam from certain domains. Perhaps this may have something to do with it?

Martin
Community Veteran

I've had this problem for a few weeks on some of the secondary email alias s.
I use imap not sure if that makes a difference. Some accounts work ok others hang for a while and then can't be reached until the 2nd or 3rd try.
It's a tad frustrating as outlook is set to check every 5 mins and the connection screen forces it's way ontop of the work I'm doing. Until I click cancel.

A
N/A

As stated. Plus Net are aware and are looking at it. Hopefully it will be sorted soon or we'll get an update.