cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dudes in charge of plusnet.........

N/A

Hi

As I am sure you are well aware of the uproar that is happening concerning two policies or procedures you have implemented to BB Premier customers within the last 2 weeks.

I feel you need to learn as a company from this, as you once said you do little advertising and you rely on customer satisfaction and their word of mouth. Those two policies that have been forced on users (albeit for the benefit to the majority of the customer base), have caused quite a commotion as you have not made things clear.

While i understand, as do most of us, the need to maintain network stability. This is all good and well but you all need to maintain a high level of communication. Those two procedures were forced without consultation or fore warning onto relevant users.

You are going the wrong way about this, while i personally am happy with the service. Upsetting users by what they refer to as back door traffic shaping can cause you a lot of bad publicity, the main news sites ISPr, N4N and the like haven't got wind of this yet........

I suggest you beat them to do dont you? at least you can let out a press release to stem any bad publicity.

But thats just my opinion. You will lose a few customers over this, just as you were growing as a healthy small company as well. Tis a shame.

But at least thing about communication, people are happy to put up with service disruptions and infrequent downtime. But bad communication and customer care people hate to the bone, do not head down the route of Bulldog or Tiscali and lie and not answer consumer questions and queries.

Above all else, make sure if any changes like this occur people know well in advance.........

I thank you

John
21 REPLIES
N/A

Yes.

I would personally like to know why Plus.net never told me about the BT upgrades (to 2MB) or any of the recent traffic shaping by email. Instead I only found out about them by these forums :?

An email about any changes related to my account would be nice.
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

Have we made some clumsy mistakes in our communications - yes
Could we do a much better job of keeping you informed - yes
Are we trying to fix this - definitely but we're not perfect

One of the reasons these forums are so useful is that discussion and information can be shared on literally any topic and customers can opt in.

If we chose to email 200,000 customers with every little bit of news or information we would be the worst spammers in the country! It takes time to write, test and schedule emails - if it's going to more than a couple of hundred people it takes up to 3 days to send. If it's going to the whole customer base it typically takes a week from start to finish so email isn't the right answer for everything.
N/A

Are we trying to fix this - definitely but we're not perfect.

Does this mean you voted yes neil?
painswck
Grafter

Hi Neil, I see the spin machine is still working.
Are we trying to fix this - definitely but we're not perfect

Could almost be a cut and paste from several occasions in the last 9 months.

If we chose to email 200,000 customers with every little bit of news or information we would be the worst spammers in the country!

You are the one making stupid statements just for the sake of appearances. No one has suggested you email every bit of news. What annoys some customers is that you can spam details of the wireless and talk services but seem unable to send out important emails (some promised by PN) on things that directly affect customers.

Come back the old days of the open and honest PluNet now departed!
N/A

What annoys some customers is that you can spam details of the wireless and talk services but seem unable to send out important emails (some promised by PN) on things that directly affect customers.

Come back the old days of the open and honest PluNet now departed!

Here, here! *ruffles papers in the air*
N/A

If we chose to email 200,000 customers with every little bit of news or information we would be the worst spammers in the country!

1. Where does 200,000 come from, i thought last count it was 113,000

2. If you think saving £8-£18 per month is a little bit of news then please, tell us every little bit.

3. you admit in your post that you have made some " clumsy mistakes" in communications and that you could of done a "much better job" of keeping us informed, then you say email isn't the answer, so what is? carrier pigeon?
Community Veteran

how many customers do PN have in total? The 113, 000 figure is broadband customers.
N/A

Well of course, I wouldnt want that either, but just the important things like I mentioned on my previous post. Couldnt you write a single email and send to, for example, all the BB Premier folk to tell them changes to traffic shaping?
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

I've already said in several other posts that we intend to email all customers in late August with an updated set of terms and conditions which will specifically mention traffic shaping.

Regarding customer numbers if we change core terms and conditions that effects dial up customers as well - so add 100k dial-up customers to the 120k broadband customers.

Thanks
Community Veteran

Neil, maybe you could add a line to that e-mail covering yourselfs for not sending e-mails in future by saying "To keep abreast of the latest developments in your plusnet service please vist the portal/fourms on a regular basis" as suggested here
painswck
Grafter

I've already said in several other posts that we intend to email all customers in late August with an updated set of terms and conditions which will specifically mention traffic shaping.

That's three weeks away. No you have no intention of learning from your mistakes. A communications company that does not know the meaning of communications!
Community Veteran

That's BT
Community Veteran

That's BT
painswck
Grafter

No that is PlusNet