cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Titanium ...

Community Veteran

Dropped Titanium ...

The charts over at this link show packets in the titanium queue have been dropped.

PN care to comment or about to open that cheque book to buy the new BT Central...

SW.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Shortened URL as it was stretching the page.]
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
3 REPLIES
mrsimonday
Grafter

Dropped Titanium ...

Hi Godsell, I'd love to comment Smiley

Earlier on this evening a maintenance was done to fix a problem with sessions dropping randomly. The problem was caused by the LCP Keepalive packets (the packets that keep the tunnels between us and you up). The cause of the problem was that the LCP keepalive packets were in the wrong q so were being dropped along with other traffic. The quickest and easiest fix was to move the q's around so that the right Q, ie. Titanium was being used for the LCP packets. The side effect of this work is that all the graphing data before this work became inaccurate. So although it looks like Titanium was dropping, it was not, What is showing as Titanium was in fact gold (I know that is a problem in and of itself). The data on the graph is only an accurate reflection after about 18:30.

There was a service status written to go out to warn people of this fact but I can't find it so maybe it didn't get sent. I will pick that one up in the morning.

Is that clear? If you have other questions, just let me know and I'll try and answer them.
N/A

Dropped Titanium ...

Plusnet Plusnet (so good they named it twice) :shock:
mrsimonday
Grafter

Dropped Titanium ...

Plusnet Plusnet (so good they named it twice) :shock:

That's better!