cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded BTW green pages

N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

I have been having bucket loads of connection problems tonight and when re- connecting have had the BTW green page. Dialling code 0113. Any problems known of please?

Mark
7 REPLIES
N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

Hi Mark,

I know that there has been some PlusNet Router Maintinence recently, which involved one of the juniper routers having some code upgrades and they did say some routing annomalies might be seen.

But from what you describe it sounds more serious than this. I just wonder if BT are doing some work to your local exchange hence the disconnects?? Dun know apart from that? Are we talking ADSL modem, ordinary phone up dialup i.e. acak 56K etc or ADSL & Router connection?

Ivan
N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

Evening Ivan.

ADSL modem on my connection which has always been flaky since being upgraded to 1mb due to the fact I am on the very limits. That said, it is normally stable for the time I want to use it, unless it is raining and then the disconnects are more often. But, the weather is reasonable, no rain, not cold, no real reason for the disconnects today. The worrying bit was the BTW page which (not seen it since) from the explanation on Saturday, i'm wondering if that problem has come back again.

Mark
N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

Hi Ya,

Hum!! thats still a difficult one if your on the very edge or on the limits for a 1MB connection service I'm sure thats possibly a part of the problem (NOT The BTW page though). I tend to think that if your on or near the 1MB limit then stability IS always going to be an issue. I also think that if your on the limit then were someone else would get away with the noise levels on the phone line or SNR (signal to noise ratio) without drops or disconnects unfortunately at limit there seems like far less latitude or tolerance so you end you with either loss of sync or a dropped connection (both of which are very annoying! true).

**Not sure what you can do about that apart from seing if BT F9 can actually do anything more for you, even in terms of getting a MORE stable connection.

**You could of course ask BT to tweek the gain on your lineHuh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL Shockedops:

**Yet more!! also dont forget that when MAXDSL or ADSL2 comes in next year I have read some where that distance limits & tolerances will be relaxed abit so were some people couldnt previous get 2MB they may well in future as MAXDSL is rate adaptive to your phone line conditions, so dont give up all hope just yet.

Ivan
JonathanW
Grafter

Dreaded BTW green pages

This is something that happens from time to time, generally when there's an issue with a router, or an upgrade, that sees customers being disconnected.

Normally disconnecting for a few minutes and then reconnecting resolves it. Though its also a good idea to manually specifcy the DNS servers on your machine, to prevent the possibility of you picking up the BTW ones rather than ours.
N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

Hum!! thats still a difficult one if your on the very edge or on the limits for a 1MB connection service I'm sure thats possibly a part of the problem (NOT The BTW page though). I tend to think that if your on or near the 1MB limit then stability IS always going to be an issue. I also think that if your on the limit then were someone else would get away with the noise levels on the phone line or SNR (signal to noise ratio) without drops or disconnects unfortunately at limit there seems like far less latitude or tolerance so you end you with either loss of sync or a dropped connection (both of which are very annoying! true).

Genrally the cut offs don't worry me, I specifically asked for the line to be manually upgraded, so know the potential for problems. The BTW pages were the problem really as it seemed to be happening at 1/10 of my reconnects.

Though its also a good idea to manually specifcy the DNS servers on your machine, to prevent the possibility of you picking up the BTW ones rather than ours.

I have a Binatone modem which doesn't give me the luxury of specifying anything. It seems to be an auto configure modem, which as I say, generally is not a problem.

So far today, all is fine.

Regards

Mark
JonathanW
Grafter

Dreaded BTW green pages

Well, it's generally possible to specify them on the computer, rather than on the modem itself. Though it isn't always needed, and if things are working for you now it should be okay.
N/A

Dreaded BTW green pages

I find a router reset followed by "IPCONFIG /flushdns" via a CMD shell normally fixes things.