cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading from News Server

N/A

Anyone else having trouble downloading from the news server? I'm using GrabIt 1.5.3 to download my mp3s via newzbin files. It worked ok ish(!) for a while, only downloading at 10k!! For example, one ablum would take around an hour and a half! Now it wont even connect!!

Anyone else having this problem?

Cheers

Chris
3 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

There aren't any issues with usenet at the moment. What group are you downloading from? I'd like to test this myself.
N/A

I had some success for a short while downloading from the news.force9.net server. I then looked what I was doing wrong and I found that the news server address was usenet.f9.net.uk, though I hav never been able to connect to it.

The few times I have been able to connect to the news.force9.net server I havnt had to put my username or password in to the GrabIt 1.5.3 settings.

Which is the correct server to try to connect to? I cant connect to the usenet.f9.net.uk server at all, with or without the password. Has it got somthing to do with the port I am trying to use. I am using 119?

It may be something I'm doing wrong or it may be my account restrictions or something.

Please help.

Cheers

Chris Barrow
Ben_Brown
Grafter

You should use either usenet.force9.net or news.force9.net, doesn't matter which one, they both point to the same server.

When you're connected to force9 there's no need to use the username or password, they're just for when you're using another connection.