cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speeds suddenly crashed -- not LLU

Community Veteran

Just returned from a week or so's holiday; switched on router & pc again and all seemed ok: still sync'ng at 8128/448, snr 14dB, att 9dB, stable rate still 8000.
however everything seemed really sloooooow so tried some speedtests:
speedtest.net: 1089
bbmax: 720
plusnet: 655 (and the download filesize has dropped from 2.93M to 856K interestingly)
"new" bt test:
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 436 kbps

Before I went away I was getting around 3-4M at most times of day since being Maxed in May. There's no hints of exchange problems on any of the checkers i've looked at.

Anyone any comments or suggestions before i raise a ticket? And if we need to submit "evidence" for a ticket on speed problems, which is the preferred BT speedtester now?
tia
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

The tests you have run is suggesting an issue at the BT side of things. As the speed test you have been using is only in trial phase, I would suggest that you run some old-skool speedtests, and then raise a fault via http://faults.plus.net
Community Veteran

thanks for the reply James ... i'll keep checking and if it persists for another 24 hours will raise a fault ticket.
As for old-skool speedtests, you'll be wanting at least two during the day and one between 00:00 and 07:00 from speedtester.bt.com I guess ?
Paul
Bliss was it in that dawn to be nu-skool, But to be old-skool was very heaven
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,

Almost but not quite. You don't need to be awake during unsociable hours (although it might help). You just need to run two during peak times and one off peak, so it could be before lunchtime.
Community Veteran

Update

Hmmmm ... it did improve after 24 hours but on the other hand it seems to be a "sunday morning phenomenon" as it occurred last week and this as well, so three in a row.
I got a lot of sub-1000kbps from a variety of testers. The BT one threw
Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this problem persists raise the issue with your service provider.

My line stats don't change on sundays. The PUG exhange checker registers no faults.
Is there any way of establishing whether BT are carrying out maintenance work which would affect my exchange? If I raise a ticket can PN investigate?