cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speeds much lower since tiscali LLU?

N/A

Hi
I had my line unbundled a couple of weeks ago (week's downtime - another story).

Since then the download speeds have been erratic to say the least. Currently, at 8am, i'm getting 25KB/.sec, where as before the unbundle, 100KB/sec was the norm.

The router is synching at around 3-4Mbps, so I know I could get a faster download speed.

Is this anything that anyone else sees? I guess there's not a lot I can do, except resign myself to the fact that the unbundle has caused me another problem?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

Do you know your SNR before LLU, and what it is now?
Tiscalli put everyone on a fairly high SNR, 12 dB I think.
They also apply interleaving to everyone.

Just a though, comparing pre and post LLU stats.

There are a lot of people in the same position I think.
Community Veteran

The sync speed suggests a much higher throughput should be possible of 250KBs to 300KBs (2.5Mbs -> 3Mbs) .

What does your stable rate pag say. This should be 8000 and if its not raise a ticket and get it corrected.

Until your 10 day trial period is completed there is nothing you or PN can do regarding raising a speed fault. If you have been connected for 10 days then raise a fault report.
N/A

Stable rate says 4000. I'll monitor over the next few days to see what the line does, but it has been unbundled for over 10 days (didn't realise it was a 'trial', becuase I'd definitely like it back the way it was with the BT connection).