cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download cap?

N/A

Download cap?

Please tell me that Plusnet is not going to got he same way as NTL and put a 1gb download cap on its adsl.
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Download cap?

> Please tell me that Plusnet is not going to got he same way as NTL and put a 1gb download cap on its adsl.

if they do, lots of people wont renew their contracts and also it will put new customers off the idea of joining plusnet.....plusnet wanna make more money, so it makes sense not to scare people off.....what evryone else think?
N/A

yes i agree aswell this would sure turn me off the copany iam sure lots of people will go else where

--
N/A

> yes i agree aswell this would sure turn me off the copany iam sure lots of people will go else where
Hi there,
We certainly don't have any plans to implement this kind of restriction, however this may become the industry norm in the future - in other countries you can have a 10meg connection to your home for very little, but you pay for the bandwidth, not the speed.
Currently with the way BTignite are marketing their products this doesn't seem to be feasible, but as always we will keep you informed of any interesting industry developments.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> > yes i agree aswell this would sure turn me off the copany iam sure lots of people will go else where
>
> Hi there,
>
> We certainly don't have any plans to implement this kind of restriction, however this may become the industry norm in the future - in other countries you can have a 10meg connection to your home for very little, but you pay for the bandwidth, not the speed.
>
> Currently with the way BTignite are marketing their products this doesn't seem to be feasible, but as always we will keep you informed of any interesting industry developments.
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

But surely you already have a system that works in a similar fashion, the £19.99 adsl deal does not allow P2P or Kazza and the like which are the bandwith eaters.

So for those that are happy with normal surfing and the occasional downlod that is ideal, while those that use the facility to it's full pay the extra few quid for the priviledge.

Which i believe is a much fairer way of control rather than penalise everyone for the sake of those that require the extra facilitys.
--
Reset
N/A

> But surely you already have a system that works in a similar fashion, the £19.99 adsl deal does not allow P2P or Kazza and the like which are the bandwith eaters.
>
> So for those that are happy with normal surfing and the occasional downlod that is ideal, while those that use the facility to it's full pay the extra few quid for the priviledge.
>
> Which i believe is a much fairer way of control rather than penalise everyone for the sake of those that require the extra facilitys.
Hi Reset,
Yes, you're totally correct. Because of current technology we can offer things like this, I was more getting on to what may happen to the whole Broadband technology in the UK, judging on what has gone on in other countries.
It works as you've said in the same way; you're paying for what you use in effect.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

If PN put a cap on downloads, I would pprobably go somewhere else .............. If other isp's did not go down the same route (which they probably would).

If all of the isp's do it then you will not have a choice anyway so you may aswell stick with what you know.

Bill
N/A

>
> Hi Reset,
>
> Yes, you're totally correct. Because of current technology we can offer things like this, I was more getting on to what may happen to the whole Broadband technology in the UK, judging on what has gone on in other countries.

> Regards,
> Mike
> --
> | Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

Thanks Mike.
Basically then if the main provider i.e. BT start to cap or limit the isp's then they will have to find a way of passing this on to their customers.

Wonder how much longer the good times will roll before ADSL starts to get limits like the dial-up services.

--
Reset
N/A

Just as a bit of history plus net I do believe had bandwidth limits in the early days of ADSL. Which i think if i remember was 500mb for home and 2 GB for business per day. They removed these in the interest of the customer (and profits no doubt).

However if service was effect then i would quite happily see these limits enforced as i would rather recieve a good QOS compared to a limitless ISP that has sluggish connections. However im sure the one off super large download once a month would be ok.

Regards Gary