cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speeds

N/A

Download Speeds

I have been downloading over the weekend using Bit torrents and other stuff.

Bit torrent Speed has been at steady 150K/bs and above
Also downloaded Americas Army For FREE and i hit 220K/Bs (probably best speed i have hit and it stayed like that until finished)

So speed is fine contention is fine.

I've used 34.72GB on my account FUP over i'd been link:censored. but its all fine Roll on PN.

Just like to share that with you's

So as far as i can tell i getting full speed all the time everytime i can't see no problems with plus net i on a 2MB connection for cheaper. so all is well

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Disguised swear word removed. Please dont try and bypass the swear filter.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Download Speeds

no you wouldn't, you would still have another month to go crazy download if you wanted, only after 2 months hard action would you have to watch it
N/A

Download Speeds

And if you are taking your usage from the current portal usage measure, that also includes upload and offpeak so you usage under FUP would have probably been less that you are currently seeing.
N/A

Download Speeds

34GB above FUP i in middle of my month 34GB is going to get higher.
Like it does for most months.
i can now download stuff during the day so when i get home from work its done and ready for me.

instead of waiting for 1am lol.

I just like to say i'm happy with my srvice from plus net nout to complain about.
N/A

Download Speeds

I'm glad your happy, but recently as much as I've hyped up PN before, im beginning to lose my confidence in them.

Regrade went through with several problems, the FUP issues and now latency issues.

As i've said before I am an avid online gamer so ping to me is everything, before I was regraded on most servers I got ~20-30 ping ( 576k connection ) now im on 2200~ connection, my ping has more than doubled and hangs about 60-70.

Odd ? I think so... seeing as my upload as stayed the same and my download has quadrupled why has my ping doubled?

I've left this for a week now as I am trying to tolerate the recent changes in PN management of its public and the handling of its issues. However seeing as someone has mentioned download and things I thought I would state my case.

Thanks.
N/A

Download Speeds

i play counter strike and counter strike source and americas army and planetside and battlefield 1942/vietnam/ and MOHAA & COD my ping stays under 50 in all games.

Wink but maybe thats some settings i use for my gaming and maybe my machine.

In Counter strike source it runs at 5Cheesy
N/A

Download Speeds

how the hell can you play Battlefield 2, its not even out yet, and to top that, niether is the demo :?
N/A

Download Speeds

miss type
N/A

Download Speeds

My point I was trying to get across wasn't other people's pings that are on plusnet ( however there is another thread that is referring to lack of upto speed lines )

My point was on 576k I had a nice 20-30 ping... since i have been regraded to 2mb my ping has doubled to 50-60.... the game(s) in question is Counter Strike Condition Zero.. and FarCry

What they do? dump me on a pipe full of heavy downloaders?
Bad bounce on the line?
My settings havent changed in game to constitute such a loss in latency...