cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Allowance on Premier

N/A

Hi I am new to plusnet, I have the premier plan and would call myself a heavy user what is the download allowance for premier users.

Regards,
Malachy
49 REPLIES
N/A

There isn't one :lol:

Download as you like
N/A

Great

Thanks for the info - that's reassuring.
N/A

Downloading on PN Ivan

Hi,

Yah!! but DONT go mad either !! give some consideration to the fact that massive or unreasonable downloading can affect others on the same network, and if the downloading is consistently unreasonable then PN are well within their rights to ask you to reduce this, so keep things in perspective. Cool

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

I personally would download an absolute maximum of 2GB in any given month. I think that's fairly reasonable nowadays. Mostly streaming audio and video.
N/A

2GB a month? That's about as light as it gets... I wouldn't worry about anything :lol:
N/A

If you only plan to download an absolute max of 2GB, have you not considered the Broadband PAYG package?

At £14.99 it cinludes 1GB of transfer, with aditional 1GB chunks of transfer (or part of) charged at just £1 if payed in advance.

So at 2GB, it would only cost you £15.99 a month compared to the £21.99 you pay right now. A saving of £6 a month, which is quite a bit.

If you go over your pre-purchased transfer allowance (at £15.99, that would mean 2GB), then you can then just Pay As You Go at £1.25 per 1GB or part of.

You can even set a limit to how much you can go over, so you pay no more than you want to, even if you go a little nuts with transfers.
N/A

Thanks for the advice that's worth considering
N/A

2GB a month, whaaaaatttttttttt!

Streaming audio/video with 2GB monthly usage, you wouldn't get to listen/watch much.

All the Internet TV/Radios I watch are 131kbps+ so you wouldn't get to watch alot at all.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As Ivan points out the advice we would give is don't go mad. Any customers do you use more than what would be a sustainable amount would be contacted, in fact there's an email going to a few customers (about 0.1% of the customer base) tomorrow to customers who've used more than 150GB constantly per month and mainly during peak hours.
N/A

ADSL Useage Ivan

Hello All,

OK, confession time!! and just to give you some idea of comparison my own use has been consistently between 4.5GB to 6GB per month since I've had my ADSL F9 connection during the last 18months to 2years. I consider myself to be a fair lite user.

**If I had something especially large to transfer or download as a one off task I might even contact support and request permission if I thought it was appropriate.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

Re: ADSL Useage Ivan

If I had something especially large to transfer or download as a one off task I might even contact support and request permission if I thought it was appropriate!

? Why?

Simon
N/A

Well last month I went a little silly. Managed to download 75Gb of data, this month it's down to around 40Gb.
N/A

i download about 10 - 30gb a month.. alot of that is done between 6pm and 11pm is that a problem?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

10-30GB is fine, as is 40GB, and we wouldn't really be concerned about 75GB in a single month, the flexibility we have allows you have varying usage patterns.

The customers we are contacting are using more than 150GB per month on a consistant basis.