cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading to PAYG

N/A

Downgrading to PAYG

My usage has recently declined and the £14.99 payg option looking like better value for me. Im currently on the 21.99 premier package so i understand there will be a £14.99 downgrade fee. My question is will i also be regraded to 8mb when i request the downgrade ?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Downgrading to PAYG

on a side note....i think someone needs to feed the hamsters running forums server, the clock is 2 hours behind (my profile is set correctly).
Community Veteran

Downgrading to PAYG

Not yet. It is going to be many months before MaxDSL is enabled on everyones line because 1) Not all exchanges will be enabled straight away, 2) PN still have to put in a request and they will prioritise those already on the 4 & 8Mbs plusnet products and 3) BT are going to take many months to do each individualline upgrade.

Changing products will not jump the queue if that was what you were hoping.
Community Veteran

Downgrading to PAYG

It looks like the server time is one our slow as my posts are appearing at 8.07pm and it's 9.07pm now.

However if you are seeing the times 2 hours out then your profile must still be wrong. It needs to be set to GMT +1.
Community Veteran

Downgrading to PAYG

Strange.. The two posts above were posted just after a minute apart but the first shows 8.06 & the second 9.08 so it looks like the time has been corrected.
N/A

Downgrading to PAYG

Strange, and my profile is GMT for for sure.

Well the main reason for changing products wasn't really to queue jump, but it would have been a bonus. Reading through the payg package info there is nothing to suggest i wouldn't be put on 8mb straight away. To quote what i says...

* Broadband Pay As You Go comes at the fastest speed possible, up to 8Mb. If 8Mb is not available to you, we will provide you with the fastest possible speed.

My exchange has already been upgraded for maxdsl and my line is more than capable. There is only a mention of staying on the same speed if migrating from another isp...

If you're moving from another broadband provider you'll get broadband at your current speed unless you pay a regrade fee of £14.99

If this is not the case then maybe there should be some info explaining.
Community Veteran

Downgrading to PAYG

Strange, and my profile is GMT for for sure.

It must be GMT+1 not GMT.
N/A

Downgrading to PAYG

Nope, just GMT

strange :?
Community Veteran

Downgrading to PAYG

I will repeat again you must change it to GMT+1 to show the correct post times.
N/A

Downgrading to PAYG

o yeah Shockedops: beer goggles on.

wheres that edit button :lol: