cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade

N/A

Downgrade

Now this "Fair usage" has been introduced how do i get a free downgrade from 2mb premier.

I dont see the point in having the ability to download lots but not having the service to maximise this Evil

If plusnet are unwilling to provide me with the ability to maximise my connection then i am unwilling to give them my well earned money.

Dont want this topic to become an argueing point or a hot topic just want to know if i can be moved to 512 premier. :?:
8 REPLIES
N/A

I AGREE!

This service has become rubbish when I thought it was better than the rest!

TWICE they have changed policy!

From 20:1 to 50:1 and now this fair usage rubbish!

I wanted a 2Mbps unlimited connection!

This is NOT what I signed up to and if it does not change then we will go elsewhere for our ISP.

How dare you plusnet change me from what I originally paid you for, you have got some bloody cheek!

I no longer want to be your customer because you are dishonest!

Regards,

S Hanvey
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Downgrade

TWICE they have changed policy!
From 20:1 to 50:1 and now this fair usage rubbish!

This was the result of an email that was sent out and later retracted. We have not regraded any 2MB 20:1 customer to 50:1(apart from at request) irrespective of the comments in the original email.
To be entirely honest, contention at the exchange is an idea that, over time, will be almost entirely phased out. It is no secret that BT are moving towards doing away with contention at the exchange and leaving it up to the ISP. After all, up until now, almost all ADSL lines have been operating at almost 1:1 as a result of BT overprovisioning.

I wanted a 2Mbps unlimited connection!

If we ever were to offer this, it would be charged appropriately and would be far, far more expensive than what you are currenlty paying. The type of connection you require is more akin to that of a leased line. I suspect you will find those providers not taking measures now, will have to do at some point in the future. (unless of course the pricing of the package reflects the wholesale cost.) We believe we have tackled this issue as fairly as possible.

I no longer want to be your customer because you are dishonest!

We have been as honest as possible to our customers and communicated all the relevant information as best we can during each stage of the transition.

Now this "Fair usage" has been introduced how do i get a free downgrade from 2mb premier.

You could downgrade to the Premier package at £21.99/mnth. Your speed would be provided at the maximum your line is capable of, be it 2MB, 4MB or 8MB. Downgrades to accounts following implementation of the fair usage policy are likely to inncur a downgrade fee (£14.99).

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Downgrade

Downgrades to accounts following implementation of the fair usage policy are likely to inncur a downgrade fee (£14.99).

In that case process my migration Evil

Its been posted in other topics that such charges would possibly be waived and assisted migrations would be available if people wanted to leave due to the new "fair usage" policy.

Below is a quote from Bob Pullen in another topic:
If, after the fair usage has been implemented you wish to cancel/migrate, the likelyhood is we will waive any contractual obligations.

Are we going to be charged for downgrades if our reason for downgrading is the new policy :?: :?: :?: yes/no
N/A

Downgrade

. After all, up until now, almost all ADSL lines have been operating at almost 1:1 as a result of BT overprovisioning.

doesnt this contradict your reasoning for the (un)fair use CAPPING.
if its 1:1 then the so called greedy (or is that more like normal since thats the service we are PAYING for) users arent taking anything from the casual once in a blue moon browsers who only use a gb or 2
Community Veteran

Downgrade

You are PAYING for a 50:1 contended product not 1:1
N/A

Downgrade

yes you are right and i agree, we are indeed paying for a 50:1 service which is unmetered so why the sudden capping which is exactly what this 'fair use' (very p.c.) idea is. i wont be able to get 8mb a second connection so why should i then suffer by paying the same amount as someone who can, this is exactly the same as those who complain that they dont use as much bandwidth as those who regularily use their internet connections to download. do we who cant get 8mb and can only reach 2mb then get extra bandwidth to compensate, i doubt it very much.
N/A

RE

So,

Can anyone from Plusnet please explain to me what is "Fair" about altering a contractual agreement after the contract has been approved and signed?

I have chosen Plusnet to provide me with a 2Mbps Unmetered ADSL connection.

At the point of sale there was NO MENTION of ratio changes or bandwidth capping in the near future!

The product was SOLD to me originally on the very merits that are now being taken away!

THE MIND BOGGLES!

If I had of known that this was the plan I would have surely went elsewhere for my broadband requirements!

In essence, the customers that have paid for this service are going to lose out BIG TIME!

To put it simply, if Plusnet continue this course of action they will be in breach of contract!

They will lose a lot of current customers and future custom by a greedy decision which quite obviously hasn't really been thought about!

Why oh why do we have to face this kind of rubbish on a day to day basis, why oh why is everyone out to line their pockets?

In time we will see just how easy Plusnet will make it to migrate from them to another provider!

I WILL ALMOST GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL BE AS DIFFICULT AS THEY CAN MAKE IT!

Regards,
N/A

Downgrade

i notice peter was quick to post a sarcastic reply to my first post then doesnt seem to have an answer for my second, maybe next time the monkey will keep quiet and let the organ grinders reply.