cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade from PAYG to Plus - how long does it take?

kevgti
Grafter

How long will it take to downgrade from PAYG to Plus?

I upgraded from Plus to PAYG which stuffed my email up, I need my email back ASAP so I'm considering going back down to Plus (and then possibly going right back up to PAYG again as apparently it's fixed for new upgrades) but I don't know if a downgrade happens immediately or you have to wait until the end of your billing period.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

To get access to your emails back fairly quickly you could create a mailbox for the prefix you use most often and then create re-directs for all the other prefixes you use to that mailbox. It's only the default mailbox that is affected by the problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kevgti
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion, i've already tried, but changes to my mailbox configuration don't work either.

I created a test mailbox on wednesday (as part of my diagnostic work) and it still isn't active.

Basically I think during the upgrade to PAYG the PAYG Basic mail component was added rather than the standard PAYG mail component. It's fixed for new sign ups now, and they know who is affected (not that they have actually told them yet) they just haven't fixed them.

I don't want to have to change my email address with every person/site/company I deal with, but it's almost at that stage (no email since last monday).
Community Veteran

Have you tried ringing up/raising a ticket asking specifically for the basic mail component to be removed? (I'm surprised none of the Comms team have picked this up and sorted you out)
Community Veteran

PS I see Dave T's about - with a bit of luck he'll pick this up.
N/A

Have you tried ringing up/raising a ticket asking specifically for the basic mail component to be removed? (I'm surprised none of the Comms team have picked this up and sorted you out)

Tried to get them to let everyone who was losing mail know but they didn't it seems and some customers are still losing mail.

KHislop give them a ring and hassle them. After a couple of calls and thanks to Bob Pullen I got mine fixed within a few days. But you do need to persist!

When did you regrade? Mine was on Thursday before last (8th). I believe Plusnet were aware of the problem on Saturday the 10th.
bill
Grafter

I changed from BB+ to PAYG about 10 days ago and lost my Email for 5 days. The day after I changed to PAYG I changed back to BB+, hoping my mail would be accessible; it wasn't.
The day after Plusnet had solved the Email problem I changed back to PAYG and everything is now fine.
The changes only take an hour or so to implement; also there were no charges involved.
johnmglen
Grafter

My transfer to PAYG from BB+ was OK, no e-mail probs at all and much better speeds. I really cant see me ever going back. I would just persevere with a fault ticket or direct by phone to get the e-mail fixed. Don't go back!!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've tried a manual fix on your mailbox, if it works it should be done within about 30 minutes. If it doesn't then I see than Liam has taken ownership of your ticket to get it resolved by our developers. Changing back to Broadband Plus won't fix it.
kevgti
Grafter

Thanks for trying Dave, but it's still the same. Mail is returned with the following:

postmaster@XXXXXX.plus.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<postmaster@XXXXXX.plus.com>:
host mx.core.plus.net [212.159.11.36]: 550-REJECTED:
The email address (XXXXX@XXXX.plus.com) has been blocked from
550 sending to this mailbox!

Pre existing mailboxes work fine, just the default (and I can't make any other changes)

Liam responded to a post on Thursday night, and promised an update on Friday, but I didn't get an update.
kevgti
Grafter

When did you regrade? Mine was on Thursday before last (8th). I believe Plusnet were aware of the problem on Saturday the 10th.

I regraded on 6th Feb, and email was fine until sometime late on 12th Feb/early 13th. Since then nothing.

I'm writing my Complaint/Escalation letter (how backward is it that you have to send a letter via snail mail to complain) at the moment, and I'm going to speak to Trading Standards in the morning.
N/A

This is what finally tipped me over to leaving (after 5 years). Cry I'm going to UKFSN (entanet) on Thursday hopefully. Slow speeds are bad enough, but to lose all e-mail for 5 days after being told at first that it wasn't lost being was to much. I also don't feel that I could trust Plusnet again knowing that they are more than happy to deceive other customers in the same situation as us by not telling that they are losing mail.