cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double standards.

glyndev
Grafter

Double standards.

I have 2 other accounts with +net both where Plus.net Lite at £4.99 a month. Due to needing to make financial savings I have this morning requested that both accounts be downgraded to PAYG accounts.

I have already received a response for both accounts from 2 different CS agents. Basically the responses are as below.

Account 1: CS agent undertook the downgrade immediately with no problems. the account is now PAYG.

Account 2: CS agents reply to my request "We require 30 days notice to downgrade your account to a PAYG. This has been scheduled for 19/01/06"

Apart from anything else the 2nd agent obviously CANNOT count as 30 days from today is actually 17/01/06.

Its not as though they have to inform BTW or anyone else as there are no outside agencies or companies involved it is purely an internal matter.

Anyway in one way I am not really bothered as the DD instructions for both accounts where cancelled within 15 minutes of submitting the regrade requests. So if they request payment it will fail.

But why the double standards.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Double standards.

i think the second agent may have mis read your request.

U shouldnt need to give 30days just to downgrade account unless its something to do with the payg setup
glyndev
Grafter

Double standards.

nothing to misread. My contact us ticket was worded as "I would like to downgrade my account from a Plus.net Lite to a PAYG account with immediate effect".

but also today is the 18/12/05 30 days from today is 17/01/06 and not 19/01/06 which is 32 days from today. unless +net cs agents are working on the basis that December now has 29 days instead of 31
Community Veteran

Double standards.

As far as I am aware, all subscription based accounts require 30 days notice to cancel under the T&Cs (and you are cancelling by downgrading to the free PAYGO dialup account).

So the 2nd Agent was correct and the first not.

Also under the T&C, you have to pay any normal monthly fees within the 30 day notice period so cancelling the DD was not the thing to do as PN may then try to recover any monies owned via balifs / credit recovery agencies. You can request a refund of any monies after the 30 day notice period.
glyndev
Grafter

Double standards.

Just received this response to my dissatissfaction with the situation.

" Actioned : Dear Mr Devonport,
Due to these circustances we will honour your request. I must state however that this is not company policy and this is being done as a gesture of goodwill because your other account has been downgraded in error. We will waiver the 30 days notice.

Regards, "