cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Emails

N/A

Double Emails

Hello

I have noticed recently that when I mark an email as read or delete the email from my inbox, the next time I do a send/receive it downloads another copy of the email from the email server.

Any suggestions why this might be happening as it didn’t happen before?

Cheers
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Double Emails

Sounds like a setting on your mail client.
What are you using to download mail?
If outlook express then check tools > accounts then highlight the account then properties > advanced and make sure the leave copy on server is not ticked.
N/A

Double Emails

johnessex

Thanks for the info, I do use outlook and yes the 'keep a copy' box was checked. I do this so that the two PC's here can each get a copy of new email. Usually once one copy has arrived I do not see any more of them arriving. I will keep an eye over the next few days. Could it be related to all the other email issuse at the moment?
N/A

Double Emails

Do it happen to all mail received or just certain email? Just as some people send to someaddr@youraddr as well as postmaster@youraddr, so you'll end up with two copies.
Community Veteran

Double Emails

It shouldn't be related as Im only seing one copy of any mail.
The keep a copy should mean to leave a copy of the mail on the server ie at Plusnet so it will keep downloading itself each time you check for mail.
N/A

Double Emails

@silverlink2

From your posting I'm assuming that you only see 2 copies of the emails and not more copies everytime that you do a download. If this is the case then I suggest that it could be down to the marking. Try marking some emails as read and with others actually read the emails and see if only the ones that you have marked are downloaded again.
Community Veteran

Double Emails

From your posting I'm assuming that you only see 2 copies of the emails and not more copies everytime that you do a download.

I supect that this is because the second PC mentioned downloads the mail and removes the copy from the server.