cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont Understand these moving BBand CHarges??

N/A

Ive left my old house so currently paying 15 per month for a connection im not using, obviously i cant cancel as im subject to a contract, but if i get a BT line put at new house what is this charge?? 5.88, or 50 odd quidHuh

Dont understand all this,

what is the easiest thing for me to do.?

Cheers.

E
6 REPLIES
Njal
Grafter

N/A

Thats what i ment,

dont understand why there is two different condisderable amounts they offer to payHuh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Right well the £5.88 is what you have to pay now, the £47 is basically the activation charge for the new line.

You can either choose to pay the whole lot ( £52.88 ) or defer the £47 under the deferred activation scheme, just paying £5.88. Details here (see "Want the detail? 'You stay we pay' explained").

So it basically depends if you want to pay the whole lot now, or have to pay a cancellation charge which decreases over 5 years to eventually zero.
N/A

so in the long run im still paying the 50 odd quid anyway.

Does it cost the 50 everytime you move, or just the once?
Community Veteran

Everytime I'm afraid - BT charge PN the fee each time a line is activated so PN pass that charge on...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yep good money spinner for BT, engineer makes a visit to the exchange and activates x number of lines in one go @ 50 quid a pop. I am no expert, but pretty certain that equates to significantly more the engineer gets paid and costs in expenses (e.g. a vehicle, petrol).
so in the long run im still paying the 50 odd quid anyway.

Well sort-of, you don't if you're with PlusNet for quite some time as they gradually reduce the cost to eventually nothing. IMHO 5 years is a more than a tad excessive though.

All ISP's have to pay this cost (therefore choose to absorb it or charge the customer), but some for example will require an annual contract if you don't wish to pay for it.