cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy from PlusNet

N/A

Don't buy from PlusNet

I raised a ticket with PlusNet requesting a refund as I'd had enough with this ATA and they have refused.

Hi there,

Would you mind posting the ticket where the refund was refused?

Did Plus Net offer a replacement?
46 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Don't buy from PlusNet

I would advise anyone thinking of buying anything from PlusNet to think very carefully before doing so.

I bought a Zyxel 2002L ATA from them in October which had several firmware faults. When I phoned CS they did not want to know and told me to phone Zyxel support. I also raised several tickets pointing out the faults with this unit.

Zyxel support said an upcoming firmware update would fix the problems. An update was issued on the 21st NoV but it did not fix the problems so I raised a ticket with PlusNet requesting a refund as I'd had enough with this ATA and they have refused.

Under the sale of goods act they are responsible for faulty goods during the guarantee period but they seem to follow different rules. Once again poor customer service. Well once bitten twice shy, it's the last thing I buy from PlusNet. They take your money then your on your own if anything is wrong with the goods.
glloyd
Rising Star

Don't buy from PlusNet

The ticket reads as follows:-

Actioned : Dear Mr Lloyd,
I'm sorry to hear that you have had had troubles with regards to this equiptment. However, as you have had it for over seven days, it is not possible to refund the cost of this item.

Regards,

They have since offered a replacement but that's not going to cure the problem because I will still be using the same firmware which contains the bugs. What's annoying me is I rang PlusNet CS when I discovered these bugs and they refered me to Zyxel who then delayed me sending the thing back by promising the firmware update would cure the problem. I even emailed PlusNet CS copies of the emails I got from Zyxel CS to keep them up to date on progress. Thanks PlusNet I will by from you again, I think not.
JonathanW
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

Hi,

When it comes to situations like this, where the issue is caused by the firmware on the router, then we do have to refer you back to the manufacturer so that they can investigate the issue and resolve it.

We can only offer a refund during the first seven days that you have the hardware, and after that only a replacement is possible.
glloyd
Rising Star

Don't buy from PlusNet

Yes but they have not resolved it and by PlusNet refering me to Zyxel that delayed me being able to return faulty goods and thus being able to get a refund. A replacement is not going to solve the problem because the curent firmware is full of bugs as I pointed out to PlusNet CS when I received the 2002L.

It's just a get out by PlusNet to pass you over to someone else and delaying your option for a refund. I went out of my way to keep PlusNet CS up to date in case someone else was daft enough to buy one of these things and had the same problem.
Community Veteran

Don't buy from PlusNet

What about statutory rights? If the router is proven to be faulty within 12 months you've got to give him his money back if he requests it.

Chrsi
avalon
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

I would suggest you contact your local trading standards department. The goods seem not to be "Fit for the purpose for which they were sold". I suspect they could help you out a little in dealing with PN. In fact, as PN are your ISP they have even less excuse -they can't claim they didn't know what equipment it would have to work with!

You might want to have a read (or post) here. Wink

I suspect consumer rights is going to be the new growth topic on the forums. Cry
N/A

Don't buy from PlusNet

There seems to be a bit of a conflict here with this one and some clarification is needed.

I have raised this issue via the User Group in an effort to clarify Plus Nets position.
Alecto
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

Plusnet's approach is just silly (apart from being illegal).
Do they seriously expect to sell stuff in their "shop" and then refuse to give a refund for faulty goods after the first week?
avalon
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

From the DTI website
Q4. I know I can demand my money back within a "reasonable time" but how long is that?

The law does not specify a precise time as it will vary for most sales contracts as all the factors need to be taken into account to be fair to all sides. The pair of everyday shoes may only have a few days before the period expires but a pair of skis, purchased in a Summer Sale, may be allowed a longer period by a court.

So the fact that you were delayed by following the actions PN requested you take need not stop you getting your money back if the goods were "Inherently Faulty".
N/A

Don't buy from PlusNet

@northbritish.

This is not necessarily an issue with a product which will not work with Plus Net, but an issue regarding a peice of hardware which has an inherent fault or manufacturing defect. The Zyxel 2002L issue is well known and documented.

The end users rights on this issue are clear and defined.
zigzak
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

Hi,
Actually you are not automatically entitled to a refund if the item proves to be faultly in the first 12 months - in theory you're entitled to a refund if the unit has a serious fault in the first THREE YEARS - regardless of the length of the "warranty" actually provided. If the unit has never worked then "warranty" is not the issue - the item has never been "fit for purpose".

However in practice this is not how it works - the supplier first has the option to put the problem right, or give you a replacement unit, or argue what the source of the problem is!!! :shock: Looks lke you've been down these avenues already?

Finally do you think it's just your 2002L which doesn't work, or all of them? I'm not convinced it could be all of them - because there must be many people happily using these units. Exactly what problems are you experiencing?
N/A

Don't buy from PlusNet

The OP's original issue is discussed here and the end users rights are outlined Here

Edit. Doh! Now fixed. Thanks northbritish.
avalon
Grafter

Don't buy from PlusNet

@PCSNI

It looks like both links are the same?
glloyd
Rising Star

Don't buy from PlusNet

It could well be all of them because it's a firmware problem and Zyxel have admitted there are known problems.

What I find most annoying is PlusNets attitude after I went out of my way to keep them informed of these bugs and progress with Zyxel. Now I pay the price but as I said before they will be the loser in the end because I will not purchase anything else from them.