Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't be so quick to blame Plusnet...

bluejam
Grafter

Here's why.

For ages now I've been very angry at them because for over a month my connection has been terrible, constant disconnects, slow speeds and pages failing to load. I could only assume this was their fault as just less than a couple of weeks ago, everything was fine. Then this computer broke and it went in for repair, so I plugged my modem into my old PC and away I went. Perfect connection, I wasn't d/c once in 24 hours, fantastic download speeds. Now I'm back on my normal pc and it's as bad as ever.

As far as I was aware, I kept my PC in relatively good condition, daily spyware and virus checks etc. So I decided to delve a bit deeper. I got some more proffesional spyware software which found and removed over a hundred pieces of spyware, I ran a full system scan and deleted several viruses (all low risk) but my problem still persists.

The only thing I can really take from this is that this more than probably isn't Plusnets fault, I must have something on my PC which I, nor several very computer savvy people can work out what it is.

So my point is this, I share the same symptomps as many of the people complaining on these boards, now I'm not saying all of them aren't to do with Plusnet but I'm just saying you might be suprised. I read that a large number of ISPs actually lose customers because of system faults but the customer blames the ISP.

None the less, these are just my thoughts.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Don't be so quick to blame Plusnet...

Now I'm back on my normal pc and it's as bad as ever.

You havn't said that your old PC is still giving good results. I assume it is but it would be nice to have that confirmed.
bluejam
Grafter

Re: Don't be so quick to blame Plusnet...

Yes, the first I used it was last Wednesday through to the end of Thursday and I used it last night, all times it was fine. There's a very clear difference between the two. This computer is very often relentlessly difficult, with constant disconnects and the sort.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules.
Community Veteran

Thats good to hear then that there are other reasons for poor speeds etc.
Thanks for clarifying it and glad you have found the cause of your problems.
I hope you also manage to sort out what's wrong with the PC. :?