cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't LLU me! Ok we won't (but we will)

N/A

Ok, i am currently in the process of moving away so i'd thought i would check my BT online account to check the orders that going through against my landline. Ok, nothing there yet for this month, but there is an entry for Feb. So i opened it up to have a look and guess what...

Last update 14 Feb 2007
Notes Your order has been completed.

PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

Hmm, looks like PN decided to not pay any attention to my OPT OUT!...

Your comment 5:57pm, Friday 21st April 2006
[Support Wizard Journey]
[LLU Opt Out]
[Additional Information]
That you for making this an option. Well done for listening to customers, however it should have not resorted to this in the first place!

XXXXXXXXX CSC Analyst 11:31am, Sunday 23rd April 2006
Dear Mr Leask,
Hi,

Consider this acknowledgement that you have raised a ticket because you have chosen to opt out of a move to an LLU network supplier.

You will now be removed from any potential transfer to this network and will remain a BT wholesale customer.

We would like to make you aware of some of the benefits of moving to an LLU network:

- Higher upload speeds for residential customers
- Increased performance at peak times
- Potential for higher speeds much sooner than expected with other suppliers
- Lower prices in the future for LLU customers

Please be aware that should you wish to transfer to LLU at a later time there will be costs associated with this.

Regards,
XXXXXXXXXXX

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

WTF?
6 REPLIES
N/A

BT lines are also classed as LLU by openreach these days.

The update on your online account is nothing to worry about.
N/A

So what does that entry mean then? :?: It just scared the heebee geebee's out of me to see that on my line!
chrisc
Grafter

Don't worry about this - it is the new way that BT classify orders these days.

Have a look here for more information.
N/A

Ah, tahnsk for the link, although i would still like to know what was going on down the exchange on that day.
N/A

I'm at a lost why BT does this as the engineers in the exchange know whether it's a true LLU or a LLU by name but still on BT. The engineers know this by which equipment is used and the LLU provider name also appear i.e. Carphone Warehouse.

It just confuse the public. :roll:
Ianwild
Grafter

This is due to Ofcom's requirement for equivelance from BT Openreach - They have to provide the same handover product to BT Wholesale that they would to any other supplier.

One day, when we get the comms industry in this country sorted out, all of these things will get sense. Smiley

Ian