cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Hurry to Change Your Settings

mickm
Grafter

Don't Hurry to Change Your Settings

Several posts have suggested changing settings to make it possible to get to the web outside Plusnet.

I'm on dial-up, if I use FRIACO i get no sites outside Plusnet. If I use 0845 I can get anywhere - identical settings.

Whatever is wrong seems to be at the Plusnet end and is associated with a subset of ports.
--
Mick
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Don't Hurry to Change Your Settings

Ive had three connections now on the 0808 (FRIACO) number with dynamic IP and everything is fine - since early this morning.

Changing back to static I cant get a damn thing outside plusnet - try it!

> Several posts have suggested changing settings to make it possible to get to the web outside Plusnet.
>
> I'm on dial-up, if I use FRIACO i get no sites outside Plusnet. If I use 0845 I can get anywhere - identical settings.
>
> Whatever is wrong seems to be at the Plusnet end and is associated with a subset of ports.
>
> --
> Mick

N/A

RE: Don't Hurry to Change Your Settings

> Ive had three connections now on the 0808 (FRIACO) number with dynamic IP and everything is fine - since early this morning.
>
> Changing back to static I cant get a damn thing outside plusnet - try it!

Hi there,

You are correct -- your problems could be temporarily allieved if you relinquished your static IP via the portal and used a dynamic one.

I can confirm that this problem has since been fixed by the development and networks teams and FRIACO should be back to normal.

If you are still experiencing problems please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----