Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer - a problem

phobox
Grafter

Domain transfer - a problem

Hi all

I have just tried to transfer my .com domain to my PlusNet ADSL account, however after filling in all the details and clicking 'submit', I got a message saying that the domain in question is not 'pre-registered'. What exactly does this mean? If it means what i think it means (i.e. its not a registered domain), then that is quite obviously incorrect, because the domain is registered and is being used daily with its current host.

Could anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks,
Rob
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Domain transfer - a problem

Hi,

You need to ensure that the current hosts have changed the DNS servers on the domain to ours, namely:

ns1.force9.net 195.169.128.16
ns2.force9.net 195.166.128.17

If you send a Contact Us ticket to us after these are changed we can then transfer the domain in to be hosted by us.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
Robtheplod
Grafter

Rob

I had this last weekend on three domains - for whatever reason they would not transfer, although the IPSTAG was FORCE9. Do a WHOIS to double check the TAG has changed. I had to get support to 're-queue' the domains in.

Rob
N/A

Hi Rob,

Having taken a look at your account, I see that your domain has still not been transferred.

Can you either post here with the domain details and we will run some checks or raise a contact-us ticket for us to investigate further?

Regards,
Mark.

| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

I have had similar problem with my schools .COM, Plus Net were great helping sorting it out, my old ISP gave me duff info and I got the run around getting there from Internic, but its there at last.

Say what you like, Plus Nets support guys are good and helpful (thats a tenner guys Tee Hee)

Tony

> Hi all
>
> I have just tried to transfer my .com domain to my PlusNet ADSL account, however after filling in all the details and clicking 'submit', I got a message saying that the domain in question is not 'pre-registered'. What exactly does this mean? If it means what i think it means (i.e. its not a registered domain), then that is quite obviously incorrect, because the domain is registered and is being used daily with its current host.
>
> Could anyone tell me what the problem is?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

--
Tone