cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer Problems

N/A

Domain transfer Problems

Hey there peeps, im new to plusnet and i wanna transfer my domain name accross from my old ISP to here, but when i type in al lthe info in the transfer screen, i keep getting errors in the domain name box ive tried all variations, the domain name on its own, with www. before it and the full url but it never seems to want to work. ive already contacted my old ISP to change the DNS, wot could be wrong?!
:confused:
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Domain transfer Problems

> Hey there peeps, im new to plusnet and i wanna transfer my domain name accross from my old ISP to here, but when i type in al lthe info in the transfer screen, i keep getting errors in the domain name box ive tried all variations, the domain name on its own, with www. before it and the full url but it never seems to want to work. ive already contacted my old ISP to change the DNS, wot could be wrong?!
> :confused:

Are you sure your old isp has released the ISPTAG to plusnet?

Goto www.nominet .org.uk and check whos listed as the tag holder. You can't transfer a doamin in if the tag holder is not plusnet.

If you were just after changing the nameservers to plusnets but keeping the TAG holder with your old ISP, then check again the correct nameservers for plusnet are the ones listed. If they are you then have to raise a ticket with plusnet support so that can map your domain name to your webspace.
N/A

> :confused:

Hi,

Let me have the name of the domain and I will be able to offer more assistance. Alternatively, you can have a look at the link below for more advice:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?bRDzyTsPyJs%3D

The Contact Us system is available if you do not wish to discuss your issue in a public forum.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

my domain is www.mistermonst3r.co.uk

any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Smiley
N/A

> my domain is www.mistermonst3r.co.uk
>
> any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Smiley

Hi,

I have transferred your domain name on to your account. However, the IPS tag is still with the old host so when your domain name is up for renewal the invoice from Nominet will go to Lark Computers Ltd.

You may need to get the IPS tag changed to: FORCE9 if you want to leave Lark permanently.

The current situation is that your domain will take approx 48 hrs to update for email and web traffic to resolve to your account here.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +