cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain renwal charges

N/A

Domain renwal charges

I have just received an e-mail indicating that one of my domains is due
for renewal in April and I just want to query the charge of £52.88.

I have a business account which includes 2 free domains, I only have
two domains registered under this account so I'm not sure why I'm going
to be charged.

Does "free" mean free only for the first registration and not
subsequent renewals?

Can someone clarify the situation.

Thanks,
Cary
9 REPLIES
N/A

Domain renwal charges

Hi there,

Your included domains should remain included whilst your account is active.

A similar aituation was reported last week and Dave T was looking into it.

There may be a problem but you shouldnt have to pay for included .co.uk domains.

Raise a ticket and query it and let us know how you get on.
grimme
Grafter

Domain Renewal

We had a similar message around 12/1/06 and had to update our credit card details (which had expired) so that the payment could be taken and our domain remain active.

Does this mean that the e-mail (and possibly payment) were sent in error?

Thanks.
N/A

Domain renwal charges

It depends on the domain and the account you're using.

If you are entitled to a free .co.uk domain or an included domain with the £1 per month option then you will not have to pay for renewal.
grimme
Grafter

Domain renewal

Well, we recently (Dec) changed from Connect Biz @ 39.99 PM to Business Broadband @ 41.11 PM.

We did have a .co.uk domain name setup with the Connect Biz account.

Has changing to Broadband caused this renewal to show up as requiring payment?

Thanks.
holdtight
Grafter

Domain renwal charges

No it shouldnt make any difference if it was the free domain name supplied to you when you registered

Ive had one of the free names since i joined plusnet and it has remained free with no charges incurred at all and yours should be the same

Bill.
N/A

Domain renwal charges

Raise a ticket and query it and let us know how you get on.

Ahhh, the domain in question was orginally created with another PN account that I closed and moved the domain under this account.

PN have now updated/flagged the domain as an "included domain" and they say I shouldn't be charged.
grimme
Grafter

Domain renewal - problem resolved

Thanks to Dave W, all is resolved and the payment taken will be refunded. Hopefully the system will keep the Domain intact, although the following text from one of the internal tickets is a bit worrying.

Closed : Sent 'auto_destroy' signal to component #03430122 (Generic Included .co.uk domain).

Have you got H.A.L in control of your scripts??

Thanks.
Community Veteran

Domain renwal charges

Yes the "auto destroy" bit does sound sinister but I don't think its anything to worry about Smiley
I have seen that in connection with my account in the past and nothing nasty happened. Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Domain renwal charges

Hi,

It's perfectly normal, our account management system sets up every feature of your account as a component and each component has a different status depending on whether it's turned on or off. The auto-destroy is just a particular component being removed as it's no longer in needed, in this case because the domain name has been changed from one type to another so that the renewal and billing are processed correctly next time.