cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain renewal charge?

Community Veteran

Domain renewal charge?

I am a bit upset with Plusnet this morning as I have just received an email stating that they need £52.88
Dear Mr John Essex,

This is an email from PlusNet to let you know that your domain, hmrg.co.uk,
will expire on 24 December 2004. To renew this domain you will need to make
a payment of £52.88.

!! I dont think so !!
The domain in question is my free included one for which I am paying the £1-00 per month.

I have raised a contact us ticket about this and I will let you all know what the outcome is of this.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Domain renewal charge?

Is the email definitely from Plusnet? There are scams that do these sort of things.
Community Veteran

Domain renewal charge?

Very definitely from PlusNet
see the quote below which is from my contact us log.

Customer has been notified by email of the upcoming expiry of domain hmrg.co.uk on 2004-12-24
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Domain renewal charge?

Hi John,

Sorry about that, the domain name was set as the wrong type in the database, I've corrected this for you so it won't charge you when it's renewed.
Community Veteran

Domain renewal charge?

Thanks for that Dave. Cheesy
I thought that something had gone wrong with the system as it was renewed for free 2 years ago. :roll:
N/A

Domain renewal charge?

like you I pay the extra £1 and dont fancy getting hit with a massive renewal fee as I have just selected it to renew and now I get the message "Your current domain configuration means you will retain your domain, www.triaxor.co.uk, when it expires."

Was it automatically renewed for you or did you have to go through the renewal bit of domain settings? :?
lhorwath
Grafter

Domain renewal charge?

Hi Triaxor,

Your domain is set to be renewed by us automatically. This will be included in the £1 a month option.
N/A

Domain renewal charge?

*phew*

Thanks Luke Smiley