cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain registration

N/A

Domain registration

Sorry if this seems a dim question - I've searched around for the answer, but not really found it!

I have a Lite account with plusnet (considering ADSL more strongly every day!) and if I want to register a domain I buy from a site like, say, EasySpace, can I do so? And for free? And will the hosting be free? Would the new domain address be in place of my plus.net web address or on top of it?

Cheers!
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Domain registration

> I have a Lite account with plusnet (considering ADSL more strongly every day!) and if I want to register a domain I buy from a site like, say, EasySpace, can I do so? And for free? And will the hosting be free? Would the new domain address be in place of my plus.net web address or on top of it?

Hi there,

I'm not too sure what you mean here; you can register a domain anywhere (this costs money). You can host domains on your account with us (up to three free of charge). Hosting a domain means that you are pointing it to a computer somewhere (basically so that someone typing in your domain name goes to your webspace).

Domains on our system sit on top of your normal space like a sticky-label, though you can make them seperate if you wish.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Thanks for getting back to me, Mike

Yes, duh, I meant that I wanted to get a registered domain hosted! Sorry, bank holidays don't agree with me! I already have one domain which I host with the people I have it registered with (for money!). I want to *buy* another domain address and only just realised that I could host with yourselves - but it wasn't clear whether this was free or not.

Thanks! I'll go ahead with that.
N/A

Can Plusnet handle the registration process also?
for any tld?

I want to register a domain name, that is not the standard .com .net .co.uk one.

what are the charges for this?

or should i register it with one of the registration companies, and transfer it in?

TIA.
Ian.

N/A

Dear Customer

we should be able to transfer in or register most domains, let us know what doamain you want and we can tell you whether we can do this or not.

Regards,

Chris

--
| Chris.Taylor.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...............Advisorfor Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...................http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

ok, just created a ticket, on this issue
[I know I am awkward...]

Thanks