cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain hosting and POP3 forwarding

N/A

Hi there,

I just registered a domain last night (www.thecapers.co.uk) and overnight it has become registered and is now "hosted." The domain is working fine for my webspace but my question is this: how does the POP3 redirect work?

If someone sends me a mail to my normal watty2000@watty2000.plus.com, is that automatically forwarded to my new domain email? Can I have multiple email accounts with this new domain name? How do I set user names and passwords?

Sorry if these are silly questions, it's just that I find the instructions on the portal to be a bit vague.

Thanks in advance,

Graeme.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The mail boxes for your domain are the same as your @watty200.plus.com mailboxes. For example if someone sends me an e-mail to daniel.mcgiff@mcm-communications.co.uk it goes to the same place as if the e-mail is sent to daniel.mcgiff@no7olivier.plus.com
N/A

Thanks for that.

I just tried sending a mail to watty2000@thecapers.co.uk and it bounced back with this message:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<watty2000@thecapers.co.uk>
(reason: 550 Previous (cached) callout verification failure)

Since I only set this up about midnight last night, does it take a while to propagate the new domain POP3 details?

Thanks again.
Community Veteran

Ring up CS, I had this problem when my domain was first setup they should be able to sort it for you.
N/A

Cheers again.

Just phoned them and was told it can take upto 24 hours for changes to take effect..

We shall see.