Outgoing Mail (SMTP): relay.plus.net
Incoming Mail server
Account name:jtaema
Password ********
Advanced Tab
Outgoing mail: port 25
Incomingmail: port 110
However I can,t send or receive mail
I raised a ticket but got an e-mail back saying that my e-mail is ok and referred me to the help thingy
Any help appreciated on where I'm going wrong
Thanks and Regards
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Domain e-mail help

PlusNet do not have separate domain email accounts, info@domain.com is actually info@username.plus.com so you have to pickup mail from your plusnet info mailbox.

1) Create a named mailbox via Email settings -> Configure Mailboxes then add mailbox button and call it info

2) Setup outlook so your account name is jtaema+info and the password is the password you used to setup the mailbox in 1 above.

You should be able to receive any mail from tbe info mailbox now.

I have no idea why you can't sent emails as it should have worked whatever tthe setting for account name is. Note: You can only send via relay.plus.net from a PlusNet assigned IP address.
N/A

Domain e-mail help

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
I also have domain cemsearch.co.uk which was hosted(buy not now) and I used the e-mail addresss : anything@cemsearch.co.uk
and everything worked fine (this was just a couple of weeks ago)
I realise that everything goes through my domain jtaema,
but are you saying that anything@cemsearch.com
wont work?
If this is the case then then there is little point having
then domain cemsearch.com
Thanks and Regards
Community Veteran

Domain e-mail help

If cemsearch.com is hosted on your PlusNet account then you can send and receive emails to/from info@cemsearch.com.

You cannot send emails as info@cemsearch.co.uk because that is not hosted by PlusNet anymore, you have to use the ISP/host it currentlt resides so send as info@cemseach.co.uk because PlusNets SMTP server thiks you are trying to relay the message through them.

If you keep getting the relay not permitted error, raise a question and get PN CS to check the configuration of your cemseach.com domain as it may not be fully configured. I had a similar problem with a domain I moved to PN and CS had to fix it before I could use it for emails.

Also please don't cross post - it gets very confusing when you have 2 threads open for the same problem.
N/A

Domain e-mail help

Hello
Sorry about the cross post
Phew.
cemsearch.com is hosted by plusnet
and so I can use anything@cemsearch.com Yes?
Thats my problem it wont work
I raised a ticket and have had a reply but not a satifactory one. Just a link on how to set up email.
I've been hosted by PN for over 4 years and I thought I knew how to set up email
I've added a comment to my ticket so I may get a reply in a few (optpmistic) days Cheesy
Thanks Peter
Regards
N/A

Domain e-mail help

cemsearch.com is hosted by plusnet
and so I can use anything@cemsearch.com Yes?
Thats my problem it wont work

Yes! But what exactly do you mean by 'it won't work'?
Do emails sent to anything@cemsearch.com get bounced with an error message back to the sender?
Community Veteran

Domain e-mail help

cemsearch.com appears to be setup correctly on PlusNets DNS & Mail servers as tested by http://www.dnsreport.com/ (mail test):

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

E-mail Tester results for info@cemsearch.com
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

Getting MX record for cemsearch.com (from local DNS server, may be cached)... Got it!

Host Preference IP(s) [Country]
mx.core.plus.net. 10 212.159.11.36 [GB]
mx.last.plus.net. 20 212.159.7.114 [GB]212.159.7.113 [GB]212.159.7.98 [GB]212.159.7.97 [GB]

Step 1: Try connecting to the following mailserver:
mx.core.plus.net. - 212.159.11.36

Step 2: If unsuccessful in step 1, try connecting to all of these (in the order as returned by the DNS resolver, per RFC1123 5.3.4):
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.114
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.113
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.98
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.97

Step 3: If still unsuccessful, queue the E-mail for later delivery.

Trying to connect to all mailservers:

mx.core.plus.net. - 212.159.11.36 [Successful connect: Got a good response [250 Accepted]] (took 1.203 seconds)
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.114 [Successful connect: Got a good response [250 Accepted]] (took 0.750 seconds)
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.113 [Successful connect: Got a good response [250 Accepted]] (took 0.734 seconds)
mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.98 [Could not connect: Could not receive data: Operation timed out.]
[Note that if your mailserver takes over 30 seconds to respond, our test will timeout, even though real mailservers will wait longer]

mx.last.plus.net. - 212.159.7.97 [Could not connect: Could not receive data: Operation timed out.]
[Note that if your mailserver takes over 30 seconds to respond, our test will timeout, even though real mailservers will wait longer]
N/A

Domain e-mail help

Hello Peter
This morning every thig works fine Cheesy
Yesterday I did a tracert and a ping on mail.cemsearch.com
and cemsearch.com
and everything worked
but on sending test e-mails
info@cemsearch.com to info@cemsearch.com
no error and no e-mail
info@cemsearch.com to info@cemsearch.co.uk
error message: