cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Transfers or not

N/A

Domain Transfers or not

As a long term Plusnet customer and long term traveller I wanted to able not only to receive but also send from any connection whether it be wireless or cable anywhere in the world. Apparently this was not possible with Plusnet due to security issues. Anyhow since the Plusnet webmail is unreliable (from my experience) and a poor interface in comparision with other ISP I decided upon Outlook Web Access.
This I sourced from SimplyMailSolutions.(SMS)
SMS advised me I needed to get Plusnet to point my domain to SMS and advised Plusnet of the required SMS MX settings. I was then informed that this was not possible and would have to transfer the domain out. The next 24 hours was awaiting the codes to transfer out from Plusnet with no answer. Eventually after phoning Plusnet and asking for the codes I was told I could point my domain to SMS.
Whats going on? :roll: :?:
1 REPLY
chrisc
Grafter

Domain Transfers or not

I have looked at your account and i think my colleague originally misinterpreted your request as wanting to change the name servers for the domain - this is not possible when hosting with us.

There is no problem adding MX records though, and I can see that this has now been updated.

Give us a shout if you have any further problems.