Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Registering/Transferring

N/A

My website with Force9 is currently:

http://www.garytester.force9.co.uk/

Ive purchased a .co.uk domain (£1 a month)

How do i make it?: www.what-ever-i-want.co.uk
6 REPLIES
quelquod
Aspiring Pro

The simplest way if you've no particularly unusual needs that you know about and are newish to this is to go to My Account>Domain Names>Register and follow the instructions there. This will involve checking that the name you want is available and after that Force9 will register it in your name and arrange to host it. Once this is done it will appear in your existing domains on the My Account>Domains page and you can then click the 'configure' box to set it up. You can then use this new domain. You can still use your username.force9.co.uk domain as well of course and they share your webspace but are quite separate. Using the configure button as above you can set the root of your different domains to be whatever you want, even make them eqivalent if you want to.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

As mentioned, you simply go into the Domain Names section of the member center and register the domain of your choice (there are details of how to do this when you get there).

Once it has been registered it will just work - pointing to your webspace by default.

Regards,
N/A

why did it say i had to have a subscription? about £40
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Gary,

I can see the problem here. It is because you account is not officially fully active yet, as the migration has not completed.

You can either wait until the migration has completed, or please raise a ticket and we can register the domain on your behalf.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

Having 2 domains (.co.uk) and (.com) is fine but a problem arises when trying to set up e-mails and monitor which domain they come from eg sales@anything.co.uk or sales@anything.com. I would have thought that Force9 wanting the business would have sorted something in their system to accommodate this.
N/A

thanks for the help but ive decided to get a .tk domain (free)