cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name Catch!!

N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

I've been with Plusnet about 10 days or so on the BB+Monthly tarif. I am totally p'd off with the rubish download speeds of the p2p and before you all start about you knew this before and bb+ is not designed for this let me assure you that 1or2k at any time of day or night is not workable believe me. My main gripe though is about the Domain Registration that i guess most people opt in to. Well i did and registered my Domain Name as soon as i could and have set about setting up the site although i have not uploaded it yet. As i have now decided that Plus Net is not for me and want to move to another isp i have been informed that it is going to cost me £52.88 to move and will continue to do so if i decide to leave anytime in the first year but guess what if i decide to move after a year then they won't charge me this fee ain't they kind !!!!! So in effect i have signed my self up to a yearly contract by taking up their kind offer of a free domain and that sucks!!! I am going to migrate none the less and my message to others tempted to take them offer of a FREE Domain is run a mile cos it ain't FREE at all!!!
24 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

We're sorry to hear that you feel mislead, however it is stated quite clearly on the page that you enable the £1 domain on:

Just £1 (inc VAT) per month, for a 1 year minimum period.
Wheelie
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

Are Plusnet now giving BB+ customers a free domain names :?

Link anyone!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

No, but BB+ customers can have a domain for an additional £1 a month as long as they stay for at least a year.
Wheelie
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

Thanks Ben

Thats what I thought but the OP said it was free and your first reply did indicate a £1 a month charge so wanted to be sure.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

Can you please show me where it states that you have to stay for a year to use this service please as i cant recall seeing that.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

It's on the page where you choose to opt in on the £1 domain service as part of the signup process.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

Maybe you could post the url to that info for me as i can't seem to find it anywhere in fact the only thing i can find is the following:

Domains and your account
With certain subscription based accounts you will have a .co.uk domain or even TWO .co.uk DOMAINS included. These domains, once registered and hosted with us, can be used immediately and throughout your subscription period, and will become your property after 12 months subscription with us.

and this doesn't say anything about having to keep it for a year.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

There isn't a direct url as you have to go through signup to get it. I have saved a screenshot of it here.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

2 points

1) i'm on BB+ not Premier if that makes any difference?
2) it states that its £1 per month for a minimum 1 year period, well that says to me that either i can continue to pay the £1 per month and move to another isp or even to pay you up front £12 for the whole year and have done with it and not the £52.88 you are demanding!! as knowhere does it state that i have to remain with PN to have this domain name.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

I guess by the sudden lack of response that the answers are 1) Huh and 2) TOUGH !!!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

1) No, this doesn't make any difference.

2) The £1 a month option is part of your account and is only available as long as your account is open. If the account is closed you need to pay for the domain in full.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

2) The £1 a month option is part of your account and is only available as long as your account is open. If the account is closed you need to pay for the domain in full.

Where is this stated and can i get a copy of the T&C concerning this matter or can i only get it before i sign away for a year?Huh
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Domain Name Catch!!

The screenshot I provided states that it goes along with the broadband account, it is not a separate agreement.
N/A

Domain Name Catch!!

i can't get the hang of this thing my last post was supposed to ask the question Where is this stated and can i get a copy of the T&C concerning this matter or can i only get it before i sign away for a year?Huh