cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Migration ???

N/A

Domain Migration ???

Yesterday I had finaly had enough once again no conection then when I got conected no E-Mail, so I decided to go to the new BT Internet with loads of freebies such as wireless router and a internet phone with free 250 minutes and evening also weekends free calls all for £26.99 a month. I got my Mac number in 10 minutes from one of the rare good customer support guys. My new BT will be activated on the Friday 13th October.

The question is does anyone know exactly what I have to do to take my Personal Domain with me, that I purchased from Plusnet and pay £1.00 a month. Someone please help as I am lost with this.

Thanx In Advance Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
9 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Domain Migration ???

May I ask what your domain name is? I will then be able to explain the proceedure based on what extension it is (ie .co.uk, .com, ect) and by the status of the domain name currently.
N/A

Domain Migration ???

Hi flashasp
And thanx for the quick reply.
It is ****.co.uk
I hope that is enough info !
Community Veteran

Domain Migration ???

1) Decide where you want the domain to go to (find a hosting company)
2) Find that companies IPSTAG
3) Click on domain names then the transfer out button next to the domain.

You will be told if there is anything to pay to transfer the domain out. If there is, you have to pay it before you can transfer it out. If there is not, just put in the IPSTAG of the new company and it should be transfered out within 24/48 hours.

Note: as soon as you put in the IPSTAG your domain is removed from your account so you won't have a second chance to enter the ISPTAG. So double check you put the correct TAG in before confirming it or it can take a long time to sort out the mess.

With some hosting companies like 1&1, you must setup an account with them for the domain before you can trabsfer it to them. Check with the new host before doing anything with the domain to see if that is necessary.
craigbrass
Grafter

Domain Migration ???

Ok, in which case you need to choose a new domain name regisrar as BT don't do this (popular UK ones include ukreg.com). Whichever you choose, you will need to find out from their website what their IPS Tag is (UK Reg' is FASTHOSTS). Once you know this, submit a ticket to PlusNet letting them know you wish for your domain name's IPS Tag to be changed to the one you need it changed to. Once you have done this, you will need to start a transfer at the new company for the domain name. It should take no more than a day or two to complete, then you have the domain in your account to do what you want with (point it to web hosting ect).
N/A

Domain Migration ???

Thanx very much to both of you I will let you know how I go on.
Kind Regards
N/A

Domain Migration ???

I can recommend 1&1 very highly, transferred ny domain there, very professional and reliable.
craigbrass
Grafter

Domain Migration ???

I wouldn't. Servers are slow, support is nearly non-existant and downtime happens frequently in my experiance.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

Domain Migration ???

I've been using 1&1 for domains (not hosting) for many years without any problems.
N/A

Domain Migration ???

I'm in a similar situation.

I've moved my hosting to fast2host and had no problems, they also administer the domain name.

I've also got a domain registered with 123 reg and again no problems - and good value too. I've set the 123 reg name servers to point to fast2host and all works well

Oh - and usually had a response with all my questions within 30 - 60 mins!!