cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Costs

N/A

Domain Costs

Does anyone know why PN charge £52.88 for a UK domain but PN sister company Metronet only charge £9.99? The domain registration is through www.just-the-name.co.uk which is a domain that PN owns.

If PN can do domains at £9.99 for Metronet why not PN?
3 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

Domain Costs

Try http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ at £2.59 for .co.uk domains and £8.99 for .com etc.
Community Veteran

Domain Costs

I can't explain why there is a difference in price but I do know PN are not geared up for a fully automated domain registration service. They have to do domain registrations manually and as they don't do that many, they charge such a high rate for doing it.

I register all my domains via 1and1.co.uk @ £1.99+VAT/year (.co.uk) or £4.99+VAT/year for .com/.org which is cheaper than either PN/metronet can do (and 123reg). Once registered there, you can then just host it for free on your PN account.
N/A

Domain Costs

I use www.ukreg.uk.co which is the same price as 123reg. I was just querying the fact that PN own a company that can do it for £9.99 but still charge PN users £50+. PN cannot use the agrument that the system is manual when they have access to an automated system. Perhaps PUG should take this up?