cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't just block spam

N/A

Doesn't just block spam

At some point last week the spam filter came on and I seem to have missed a few important e-mails. Is there any way to configure the filter to let them through? All the spam comes to an e-mail address I never use, but it's the only one I can't delete/redirect. The spammers seem to have got hold of my alternative e-mail address with a different ISP at the same time. (How did they manage that?) Finally, what happened to the old e-mail help? Too convenient for the customers I suppose.
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Doesn't just block spam

With the new SPAM functionality you can choose to have them tagged as SPAM and moved to the IMAP folder, tagged as SPAM and delivered as normal or not tagged at all.

You can change these settings by visiting this link and then choosing Manage My Mail, from here select the Spam tab and choose the setting you want.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Doesn't just block spam

Yes but I still have to check through all the spam - I can't just decide to let through any mail from a particular address or domain?
N/A

Doesn't just block spam

No - there's no 'whitelist' (or blacklist) facility.
That's the next thing that's needed - though users would need to monitor spam to make that work.
hamsandwich
Grafter

Re: Doesn't just block spam

The spammers seem to have got hold of my alternative e-mail address with a different ISP at the same time. (How did they manage that?)

Because as well as disclosing your email address, plus contrived to disclose your contacts' emails too. Presumably at one time, you've sent or received an email from one to the other.
N/A

Doesn't just block spam

I'm not a fan of the compensation culture... and I thought my contacts were safely in my copy of Outlook Express... but I think we should know just what information has got out.

Also, I don't think the problem would be so difficult to fix. Just get rid of the address where the name before the dot is the same as the one after... and the 'postmaster' one will have to go too I suppose, but it shouldn't be beyond plus net to come up with some other way of ensuring that we get any mail from them.
hamsandwich
Grafter

Doesn't just block spam

Also, I don't think the problem would be so difficult to fix. Just get rid of the address where the name before the dot is the same as the one after... and the 'postmaster' one will have to go too I suppose, but it shouldn't be beyond plus net to come up with some other way of ensuring that we get any mail from them.

Yes. But that's not the only email address they disclosed.

The bottom line is the only thing companies care about. If it doesn't hurt that, then they won't do anything about it.