cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the e-mail spam filer work?

N/A

Just wondering as I use the option of forwarding spam onto: thisisspam@myaddress. Still getting loads of the stuff Cry

9 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The thisisspam address doesn't actually fuction anymore, as it was changed a few months ago when we switched to a different spam filtering software.
N/A

Hello

Thanks for letting me know..errr :roll: What should I use now?
N/A

Perhaps you should read your own guide Cry

http://portal.plus.net/support/email/spam_filtering_faq.shtml

You can also teach the Spam filter what is and is not Spam. If you are sent an email that is Spam but has not been detected as such you should forward the email to thisisspam@username.plus.com

:?:
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

You appear to have hit an old version of the FAQ there, as the one that is currently under the help pages doesn't say anything about thisisspam. Here's the new FAQ.
N/A

Hi,

You appear to have hit an old version of the FAQ there, as the one that is currently under the help pages doesn't say anything about thisisspam. Here's the new FAQ.

It's not old, I only copied it today, something needs a little update, no?

Thanks for link too
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Can I ask what path you followed to reach the FAQ via the help pages? As if its still an active link, rather than one that you've found, it will need removing straight away. However, we are aware that there are quite a few old pages on the portal that aren't linked from anywhere, and there are plans to clean everything up.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Where did you click on to get that page? I can't find it linked to from any of the help pages.

Phil

Edit: You beat me to it Jon!
N/A

Hello

I clicked on Help (top of portal screen), then e-mail, then e-mail security, then spam protection, then in the do's and dont's box I clicked "Read the Spam filtering FAQ"

In short: Help > Self Help > Email > Email Security > Spam Protection> link in do's and dont's box Wink
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for that, I've raised it internally to get that pointed at the correct page.