cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does plus.net know what product I'm on yet??

N/A

I have a ticket open (1948163Cool asking about my stable rate being 2000Kbps, when my modem has been synching at 8128/448 for over 3 weeks now. The initial reply I got was that I am on LLU not Max, something that surprised and shocked me as I haven't received an email like James Bailey said people would on the forum (link):

When we place an order, we will also be emailing the customer effected and giving them 7 days to opt out of the LLU service.

This was last Thursday, and on Sunday the 3rd CSC Agent passed it through to LLU team to check if my account had been LLU'd - no reply as of yet.

I q jumped on 21 April, on 5 May an email was sent to say that my telephone exchange could be upgraded to allow service via LLU service (but not saying it will be happening, and giving a 7 day opt out as James Bailey referred to), then I found that my modem was synching at 8128/448 on 9 May when returning from holiday, and decided after waiting around a while for the stable rate to increase from 2000 I used the LLU opt out at trials.plus.net

Does anyone at plus.net know what I'm on (LLU, BT ADSL Max, etc..)? I hope it's not LLU, as I had q jumped and wouldn't have had the chance to opt out during a 7 day period that there should have been (because of no email being sent by plus.net), and when I used the LLU opt out at trials.plus.net it wasn't flagged up that I was already on LLU!!
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

A 448Kbs upstream sync speed sounds suspiciously like MaxDSL to me. LLU usually (but not always) gives you 800Kbs.

As for the emails (For LLU & MaxDSL) the answer is simple, they are not being sent out, and haven't for many weeks.
waldron
Grafter

Re: Does plus.net know what product I'm on yet??

I q jumped on 21 April, on 5 May an email was sent to say that my telephone exchange could be upgraded to allow service via LLU service (but not saying it will be happening, and giving a 7 day opt out as James Bailey referred to), then I found that my modem was synching at 8128/448 on 9 May when returning from holiday..........,

The same thing happened to me. I also returned from holiday on 9 May to find I was syncing at 7000/448.
I opened a ticket and the reply was that I have not yet been changed to MAX.
N/A

Hopefully someone at plus.net may be able to definitely tell me something at some point soon - it's not exactly a good sign when your ISP is confused about what they're providing for you, eh?
Community Veteran

which again sounds wrong and should be queried.

One test you can do to prove if you are on MaxDSL is the BT Speed test (make sure you try both test IPs as one is a bit funny). If you can run this and you get > 2Mbs then you are maxed. If it fails to run on either IP you are most likely on LLU.
waldron
Grafter

I have been running the BT speed test at different times over the past 24 hours - six tests on each occasion. Apart from 8pm last night when the speed in general was very slow, I have been getting results in the region of 3600 to 4000.
From Peter's comment above, it appears that I am Maxed, despite what PN's CSC says How can I convince them?.
Community Veteran

Simple, tell them the BT speed test results you are getting. If they then state you are not maxed PM me with the ticket number and I will get PN to 'educate' the CS agent concerned.

You are on DSL Max, pure and simple.
waldron
Grafter

Many thanks Peter. I will do that.
N/A

One test you can do to prove if you are on MaxDSL is the BT Speed test (make sure you try both test IPs as one is a bit funny).

Ok, it took a few goes to get to the speedtest via the IP addresses (in the end my modem needed the password "testing" in it). Below is the result I just got. Does this mean I am on BT's Max?

Community Veteran

You are on MaxDSL, not LLU.

Not sure why putting testing as a password made any difference, unless your router needs it, because the BT speedtest connection ignores the password.
N/A

You are on MaxDSL, not LLU.

Thanks - now how do I convince plus.net of this?? I added to my open ticket with a screenshot of this test saying I would hope that this clears their confusion a little. Any ideas with this, and the 2000 stable rate?
N/A

It's now a week since the ticket was opened, and 4 days since it's just been sitting with plus.net - wonder when their confusion will finally lift, and when they get around to responding to a ticket.
Community Veteran

Just put the speed test results in a ticket and explain you can't be on LLU as the BT speedtest would not work.

Ticket time responses are very long due to so many MaxDSL problems being raised.
N/A

I'm waiting on those tickets of mine. I have now managed to get when BT upgraded this line to max - 3 May. So it's been pretty much a month now, and stable rate is 2000Kbps.

Community Veteran

Time for you to join the ever inceasing queue of tickets.. sorry questions on the same subject I'm afraid. Looks like BT have not supplied PN with your Bras profile details.