cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does mail server need a kick?

N/A

I've been seeing very slow responses from the mail server over the past 12 hours. It seems to play dead until I kick another server into life, eg load a web page, whereafter I can get my mail, albeit slowly. Then it seems dead again the next time...

Simon
6 REPLIES
N/A

I am having the same sort of problem too since this morning receiving mail from plusnet slow or stuck.

Task 'mail.plus.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Rebooting pc, disabling norton AV or firewall or restarting MS outlook has no effect.
I can get connection to another isp mail account no problem.
Regards
Doug
N/A

Yes. see the other forums. Slow pick up and dowload of mail.Waiting till tomorrow to raise ticket. Another pothole in information highway - yes that is the third time I've used it.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The mail servers seem fine at the moment, however they are very busy so response times may be slower than usual.
N/A

Not sure thats right Ben. Its surely not been that busy overnight . At moment to get mail I'm going to any old web page and that seems to give the mail system a kick and gets it working
Highlighted
N/A

The mail servers seem fine at the moment, however they are very busy so response times may be slower than usual.

I'm sure that this isn't the right answer to the problem I'm seeing. It's a technical fault somewhere.

Simon
N/A

Mail Server Problems

I've been seeing very slow responses from the mail server over the past 12 hours. It seems to play dead until I kick another server into life, eg load a web page, whereafter I can get my mail, albeit slowly. Then it seems dead again the next time...

Me too - on switching from one identity to another in Outlook Express it's been timing out a lot then downloading when clicking on send (both yesterday & today).

Am getting a hefty load of emails with MytobBN virus - is this increasing the loads?

John B