cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does *anything* work right at Plusnet?

JonnyF
Grafter

Apart from everything else that doesnt work properly here...

I have yet another issue.

I am a Premier 1 customer, and as a one off have broken my 13gb peak time cap. (13.2gb at present)

Two things, firstly my Usenet now doesnt work AT ALL in peak times (should be 256k - I'm getting 0k!)

Secondly, My Other usage is running at 512 - 1.5mb.. it should be running at 2mb.

I am a max customer, and normally have around 5.5mb throughput, my line NEVER drops to these current levels at ANY time(unless I cant log on because Plusnet have borked again) - so dont blame it on contention or being an "upto 2mb issue"

Please Plusnet - Sort it out - I would raise a ticket, but have NO faith in that either. Currently I have been waiting about 2 months for Interleaving to be truned off my line - also every other problem Ive ever raised a ticket for may as well have fixed it myself.

And if I sound a bit cheesed off, it's because I am - Totally sick of this link:censored cervice. - just one thing after another.

Cheers,

Jon.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Bypassing Swear filter removed link:rules ]
10 REPLIES
N/A

are you out of any contract period? Only ask cos if you are that peeved off then vote with your feet and find a package that suits. Plusnets packages are very different beasts to what I originally signed up to. In some ways better in some ways worse.
Alecto
Grafter

Jon, the ellacoyas work like a dream.
JonnyF
Grafter

Geoff

I presume that was a sarcastic comment!!

Wink

Jon. :shock:
JonnyF
Grafter

marksward

I am out of the contract period, and have been seriously considering jumping ship for some time now.

The thing is - theres a lot of things I really like about Plusnet - but also a lot of things I hate. (the list is growing faster now!)

Theres also the hassle of moving, and the uncertanty that you will be better off.

To be honest I wish Plusnet would just get these issues sorted - it means them spending money though thats the real problem.

Cheers,

Jon.
Alecto
Grafter

Sorry Jon, it was unhelpful I'm afraid.

But the problem is that there is no help to be had. Plusnet have crammed far too many customers into far too little capacity to maximise revenue and lead to this imminent buyout. They maintain some kind of a service by strangling everything mercilessly with the ellacoyas.

They have let the service they give go to rack and ruin, they do not give a toss about indivicual customers or their problems. It's all a numbers game to them, and the poor support guys are not allowed/not in a position to do anything to improve it.

Bleak, but there you have it. And it will get no better. If you can put up with it, that's fine, but don't expect any improvement.

I'm afraid I just get frustrated that I can't do anything, but the only way is out.
N/A

Personally I've given them long enought to sort things out, I didn't want the hassle of moving either. I don't use much and expect to be able to get full fat speed at the times I need it. I expect reliable email, I expect to be able to talk to support (like it used to be).
N/A

I wld like to add that plus.net is the worst ISP i have ever seen, started off amazing, ending like tiscali, shocking and a shame, i get to drop 70-120 choke in games, choppy internetconnection so i get bursts of life then lag. 5000-25000 ping on ventrilo. Never ending disconnects etc. SO BAD.
JonnyF
Grafter

Have you got any links with info regard the "buy out"

I've heard it mentioned a couple of times now, but have heard nothing else!

Jon.
craigbrass
Grafter

JonnyF
Grafter

thanks!