cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PlusNet intercept port 25 traffic?

N/A

Hi

Does PlusNet intercept all port 25 traffic? I have tried to get around the "AOL email rejection" problem by using my work email (which uses authentication, so should be OK), but sending some emails from this account they have no sign of that mailserver, only the PlusNet relays. Yes, I have set up the outgoing relay correctly (I think) in Outlook Smiley

Want to find out whether it is a PlusNet thing or my setup.

regards

Stuart
4 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet block no other ports, other than 135 and 445 on the network borders.
N/A

Hmm

Looks like I'll have to look at my settings then, sure tehy were correct Sad

regards

Stuart
N/A

What error messages are you experiencing?

Have you tried going to a command prompt (Click Start, Run, type CMD then press enter) and opening a telnet session with your work's mail server (ie type telnet replace.this.with.your.works.email.server 25) ?
N/A

Hi

no error messages, but looking at the headers, it was going through PlusNet relays, out to a freebie account I've got, instead of straight to my work server and back.

The work server is fine. Strangely, I've set up a second email account in Outlook to my work , which to me looks identical, and now this second one works! Strange as the first account has been there for ages (always also collect work emails from home as I use that address for various purposes) but pointed to relay.plus.net outgoing and all I did was change it to send via a different server (as well as setting the authentication). The account has received fine for months.

Ah well, at least it is working, at least it is my settings at issue, time to try and play 'spot the difference' Smiley

thanks for the responses

Stuart